• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. B

What happened to the 1964 Bull Forms in the Bull Ring

@Stokkie did you ever hear back from Historic England about this?
  2. B

Conway Road School

Fascinating St Clive, so there was jazz and skiffle groups there so I guess they would have also performed. As always wild love to know more! Is Dave Wilks still alive?
  3. B

Youth Clubs, Conway Road Youth Club

Oh wow Warren! This is incredible. Can you email me on [email protected] and we can talk a bit more about this and perhaps link to the school? Jez
  4. B

Hi again. I visited Conway School yesterday and was lucky enough to be taken into the basement which served as the air raid shelter for the school and where the mysterious Conway Jazz Club and Studio 51 signs have been painted onto the walls. Would really like to solve the mystery of the Conway...
  5. B

Conway Road School

Hi again. I visited Conway School yesterday and was lucky enough to be taken into the basement which served as the air raid shelter for the school and where the mysterious Conway Jazz Club and Studio 51 signs have been painted onto the walls. Would really like to solve the mystery of the Conway...
  6. B

Hi Maurice I found yet via another thread not long after I posted this, such a shame, but what an incredible person and career Eddie had!
  7. B

Jazz Club At Conway School, Sparkbrook?

Hi all, does anyone recall there being a Jazz Club at Conway School? Apparently there are signs indicating that there was a Jazz Club in what would have been the basement of the school? I'm going to go and have a look but I wonder if anyone knows about this? Any help would be much appreciated!
  8. B

Hi Norfolk Brummie, do you recall there being a Jazz Club at Conway School? Apparently there are signs indicating that there was a Jazz Club in what would have been the basement of the school? I'm going to go and have a look but I wonder if anyone knows about this?
  9. B

Conway Road School

Hi all, does anyone recall there being a Jazz Club at Conway School? Apparently there are signs indicating that there was a Jazz Club in what would have been the basement of the school? I'm going to go and have a look but I wonder if anyone knows about this?
  10. B

Groups We Have Seen Live

It is like we are the Burmuda Triangle for bands and their gigs :) Thanks for this, will try and get into the Library and search Evening Mail as Carolina suggests. Your memories point more to the March date rather than the June one. Thanks
  11. B

Groups We Have Seen Live

Thanks Colin but it specifically the gig at the Plaza in Handsworth I'm trying to track down or evidence. Got the other Brum gigs, Plaza at Old Hill, THe Ritz, Kings Heath, Town Hall and the Hippodrome were the others that year I believe.
  12. B

Groups We Have Seen Live

Hmm, that's interesting as I have that date from elsewhere, but a couple of posters on this forum had it as a Friday and 29th is a Saturday, they also played Plaza Old Hill a few days later on 5th July (interestingly 29th is not listed as them playing although they played Leeds on 28th and Great...
  13. B

Groups We Have Seen Live

Yes, despite it being mentioned nowhere on Beatles sites (and there are some amazingly detailed ones about) there are too many people who remember it taking place. Just need that date! Thanks for replying :)
  14. B

Groups We Have Seen Live

Hi Regan, same question as I asked Big Gee, do you have a date for this gig as I cannot find it anywhere and I'm desperately trying to verify it! Any help would be much appreciated Jez
  15. B

Groups We Have Seen Live

Hi Big Gee, you wouldn't know what date that Beatles gig was would you. I've been trying to track this down as it doesn't appear on any of The Beatles lists of gigs. Did it really happen? WOuld love to have definitive conformation (either way) Jez
Back