• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. stars

Electric Milk Floats

I remember as a teenager we used stand outside the co op dairy on cranberry ave the mead way. We stood there very early and shout to the drivers do want a mate, some would say yes jump in and off you went I remember I used to help a elderly man called gabby who drove a 3 wheeler float. It had a...
  2. stars

Electric Milk Floats

Me I used work for Birmingham co op on the estate the Mead way in the 1960s.
  3. stars

Hockley Hill

Nice photos Lyn
  4. stars

Brougham Street, Lozells

Thanks Lyn. Hope you are well
  5. stars

Brougham Street, Lozells

sorry for the delay. if you put brougham street in the search box you will find some photos there. regards stars
  6. stars

Birmingham Films And Videos

I thought some members would like to look at some great old photos on the link below. Some great old streets. https://www.facebook.com/Birmingham-Old-Prints-Photographs-and-Maps-1600-1900-1667443873488377/
  7. stars

Jewellers arms meet up 2016 on the day

Nice photos viv.
  8. stars

Key hill

Hi Bri Thanks for the information. I have made a couple of calls, and will be making a few more. If access is being denied to visit and tend to you relatives grave and access being denied for a disabled persons car, something seems wrong. Hope you are well. Regards Stars
  9. stars

Key hill

Hi Rosie and Mike Thanks for your replies. As said I thought it might be just gossip. I to heard that they had got funds for doing up key hill and warstone lane, and thanks for the link Rosie. Regards Stars
  10. stars

Key hill

Hi Brian I went to Key Hill cemetery this morning, but the entrance gate was locked, only the little gate was open. With no where to park I was unable to tend to my gt grandparent grave. I wonder if you know why it was locked and also is there any truth in a rumour going around that they want...
  11. stars

Hockley Hill

Great photo Mike.
  12. stars

Sheldon

Hi Karen. The Elms was at the rear of that block of shops. The entrance was the other end to the paper shop between I think it was a chemist. I helped out as a kid at Jacksons which was a fruit and veg shop. I used to go to Elms farm school. There was also a big old house across the road from...
  13. stars

Inkerman St Vauxhall

Here are a couple of photos. My wife lived there as a kid in about 1957 and went to Alma st school. I believe the street is not there now, but a tower block of flats is called Inkerman House is there now. I hope this helps. Regards Stars
  14. stars

Old street pics..

Here is one I came across, a photo of Northfield. It said in the
  15. stars

They Were Caught In Our Old Street Pics...

If you zoom in it looks like a row of little teddy bears on paper on the right hand side of the window.
  16. stars

They Were Caught In Our Old Street Pics...

If you zoom in it's his knee not a ball.
  17. stars

Sheldon

Thanks Phil. The doorway you see in the photo 1 used to be an outdoor where we would take the empty bottles back for a refund. Tuppence I think. enough for 8 black jacks. regards Stars
  18. stars

Sheldon

I remember the prefabs on Sheldon Heath rd and the Radleys. there was a shop (paines ) a shoe repair shop where there was a gully that ran at the back of the shops. I used to go up the back of the shops where I would go and meet a man who would take my moms betting slip, this was before he got...
  19. stars

St. George's Place

Nice photos Lynn.
  20. stars

Brougham Street, Lozells

Thanks a lot mike, just the job. regards stars
Back