• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. C

Harborne

I've been having a look for Emma Lucie Heiniger, who at just 20 in 1911, the Audens may have brought with them from York in 1908. There was a Heiniger family in York (there were a lot of Heinigers all over the UK). The father of the York is about the right age, but he married a grocer called...
  2. C

Harborne

Thank you! This is Apsley House, Lode Lane, Solihull, is it? Where they lived until 1913, when they moved to 13 Homer Road, Solihull? They Audens moved to Harborne in 1919. Thank you so much for looking. Emma Heiniger sounds particularly interesting ... . Carolyn
  3. C

Harborne

Thank you! So you think that the Auden family first lived in Solihull before they moved to Harborne? Still wondering where little Wystan went to school--if he went to school. Any ideas about little private schools in Harborne and Solihull? And I suppose I could look at the electoral register to...
  4. C

Harborne

Wonderful material about W. H. Auden in Harborne! The Auden family moved to Birmingham from York in 1907 (or maybe 1908) just after little Wystan Hugh was born. His family still lived in Birmingham when he left for the US in 1939. I'm interested in the early schooling of W. H. Auden. He was sent...
Back