• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. J

Rubery Hill Asylum

...so*
  2. J

Rubery Hill Asylum

Thank you do much for this - they are going to be used in my dissertation i think :-) much appreciated.
  3. J

Rubery Hill Asylum

Many, many thanks for this! I am indeed only interested in Rubery Hill (for now). Might I ask where you got these maps as if I use them I will need to reference them. Thank you so much :-)
  4. J

Rubery Hill Asylum Hospital

Greetings Karl and many thanks for your response. I will certainly look into this for you and give you a call/drop you an email with the findings. I note from other posts he was in the admissions book which is great, what I will try and do is track him in the medical case books as they contain...
  5. J

Hello all! Apologies for cross posting here - but I am a new user and have a query which relates to this Victorian Asylum which also falls under research. I have therefore copied and pasted my post, as follows: Hello everyone, I am a new member and would massively appreciate your help and...
  6. J

Rubery Hill Asylum

Any maps of this asylum? Cheers
  7. J

Hello all - I hope at least some of you are still active on this thread even though I am evidently years late in my response. I have recently posted about Rubery Hill Asylum as I am doing my MA dissertation on it - please see my recent post. I am actually active in the archives currently and am...
  8. J

winson green asylum

HI all, I'm a new member interested in c.19 asylums - particularly Rubery Hill (if anyone has any information or is curious as to what please see my recent post). I have been searching in the archives at Birmingham library recently and they have a catalog folder (probably available online but...
  9. J

Rubery Hill Asylum, Birmingam. 1882 - 1901

Typo..the* not he and certainly* not certain.
  10. J

Dear Astonite, Many, many thanks for your response and for this generous offer - it is certainly very much appreciated. My post has had 189 views so far, so feeling positive kind people such as yourself will come forward. I have seen a few posts with people talking about Rubery Hill, but my ask...
  11. J

Hello everyone, I am a new member and would massively appreciate your help and guidance. I am a ‘mature’ student and am currently doing a MA degree on the Victorian period. My dissertation is going to focus on Rubery Hill Hospital; a Victorian Lunatic Asylum which was based just outside central...
Back