• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. C

Velocette factories

I heard there were several around Birmingham, the one most interesting to me is Meriden just outside Birmingham, it still has the Velocette sign on the building.
  2. C

'Lions Saddles' factory. (bike saddles)

Does anyone know of such a factory? The only info I have is that I have seen an antique leather saddle with 'LION' on the sidestamped logos.
  3. C

Wilby saddles

I'd heard of them but knew nothing about them, I found out today that they were a Birmingham company. Does anyone have more details?
  4. C

The Leatheries Ltd, bicycle saddle factory

I know it was in Sparkbrook at Sampson Road North, does anyone know which building it was and if it still exists?
  5. C

Bicycle saddle factories: Wrights, Leatheries, Lycett, Mansfield

Any information on these, years in production, location, does the building still exist, if not what is there now? Did you work there, what was it like? Also, Middlemore, did they have a Birmingham saddle factory? (I know they had one in Coventry).
Back