• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. G

St Mathias pupil records

Does anyone a site or how to get school pupil records or pictures of pupils who attended this school from 1940 to 1950s Im looking for my late mother and her siblings Eccles family from Guildford street Lozzels Birmingham
  2. G

Brookes/Brighton Arms Balsall Heath

Hello All, Just wondering if any one can help me with finding old photos of The Brighton Arms Balsall Heath around 1900 /1911 Would also love to find photo of the managers around that time, Charles and Rebecca Brookes &family I had a look on line but i cant seem to find any around that time...
  3. G

William Thomas Eccles

Hello all , I wonder if anyone can help trace a William Thomas Eccles born 1744 Birmingham /Warwickhire i have no parents for him so at moment i have a marriage in 1767 to a Mary Thomas in St Nicholas .nothing else .Also if i did pay for marriage certificaite would it show their fathers...
  4. G

Oxford Arms Cheapside

Does any one have photos of details of the pub Oxford arms cheapside .I have found a distant relative of mind showing living there in 1871 census there is another thread in regards to a Oxford arms not sure if they are both the same pub . yrs Dave
  5. G

Brookes Alfred 1870 aston

Looking for any information on the Brookes family who lived at 75 high st Aston Alfred born 1870 was a letter cutter sign writer im told he designed the M&B sign of deer leaping over an hedge also im told the fairy washing up logo , he married a Emily Williams anything on the family would be...
  6. G

Peel street ( peel gardens) Winson Green

Hello everyone, Does anyone have or know where there any photos of peel gardens peel st Winson Green or recalls any of the familes that lived there in the 1960s to 1970s There were a group of 7 houses with with shared outside toilets and brew houses later each house had...
  7. G

Hope & anchor

Does any one have any photos of the pub called Hope & Anchor i believe it was in High st Aston/Lozzells area. or photos of high st Aston in 1930s looking for houses around 85 i believe that the pub was a few doors from 85 yrs Dave
  8. G

lozzells street party

Can anyone tell give me any information if lozzells / guildford st had a street pary for queens coronation or her wedding or anyone knows of any photos . many thanks Dave
  9. G

pub landlords

Does anyone know if there is a way or list of old pub landlords in my family history i have a couple of them but no idea which pubs they ran. They have the surname of brookes. many thanks .
  10. G

Gibsons /Winson Green

Does anyone recall the Gibson family from peel st Winson green back in the 1960s to 1970 there was charlie and Joyce plus 6 children . There were also Charlies brother jack and his wife Winifred plus 3 children who live in heath st. Also a cousin of jack and charlie. who used to be a bus...
  11. G

Bartons

Im interested in finding out about the Barton family of Birmingham , they own a mineral bottled water factory at one point i have Mary Anne Barton who married into the Eccles family.
  12. G

Eccles family guildford street

Does anyone recall the Eccles family from 75 guildford street. 1930 to 1950 Alfred Eccles is said to have played the accordian in the Guildford Arms. Their children were june, joyce sheila and larry. I Beileve they went to lozells street school or alma st . many thanks Dave
Back