• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. G

St Mathias pupil records

Does anyone a site or how to get school pupil records or pictures of pupils who attended this school from 1940 to 1950s Im looking for my late mother and her siblings Eccles family from Guildford street Lozzels Birmingham
  2. G

St Martins Birmingham Look Ups

Yes it is sad i was thinking about it , must have been a awful time for the family . once again thank you for your time and help .
  3. G

Thank you so very much for your time and help in getting this information im very grateful pjmburns How did you find this information ? yes Alfred should be be 1927 .Looks like the parents lost so many children in one year. Be interesting to find out why ? i do some work on that , once again...
  4. G

Hello i just seen this reply how i missed before now i do not know , but have these names and dates to try and find if they are at St Martins im sure i seen the Caroline Brookes name on the wall last time i was in Brum wish i took photo now. Caroline Brookes B 1820 D 1835 ,Luke Brookes B...
  5. G

Brighton Hotel/The Brighton Balsall Heath

Thank you both very much for taking time to help im grateful where did you find the photos?
  6. G

Brookes/Brighton Arms Balsall Heath

Hello All, Just wondering if any one can help me with finding old photos of The Brighton Arms Balsall Heath around 1900 /1911 Would also love to find photo of the managers around that time, Charles and Rebecca Brookes &family I had a look on line but i cant seem to find any around that time...
  7. G

Hello everyone Can anyone tell me if there is a web site that as records of burials at St Martins in the bullring cemetery,or can help in any way . I never knew there used to be a cemetery there til the other day . The surnames im looking for are Eccles & Brookes right...
  8. G

Bartons

Hello your reply to my email address went to my spam box and i have deleted it by mistake . could you reply again and i be more care ful when emptiying spam box . Dave
  9. G

Bartons

Hello thank you for getting in touch my interest is because Mary Ann Barton was my great grandmother married my great grandfather Alfred Eccles i have a lot on the Eccles family . My home email is gibbo1958@sky.com I would love to know more about the Bartons and cross check my tree to see if...
  10. G

William Thomas Eccles

Hello all , I wonder if anyone can help trace a William Thomas Eccles born 1744 Birmingham /Warwickhire i have no parents for him so at moment i have a marriage in 1767 to a Mary Thomas in St Nicholas .nothing else .Also if i did pay for marriage certificaite would it show their fathers...
  11. G

Birmingham Co-op Belmont Row

Guilbert53, Thank you so much for posting the photos and taking time to help . Gibbo1958
  12. G

Birmingham Co-op Belmont Row

Hello , does anyone know of anywhere i could find photographs of Belmont Row im looking because on my birth certificate it gives my parents address as 71 Belmont Row I recall them tell me about it had a lot of factories around the area looking for 1950s/60s . Many thanks Dave
  13. G

Oxford Arms Cheapside

Does any one have photos of details of the pub Oxford arms cheapside .I have found a distant relative of mind showing living there in 1871 census there is another thread in regards to a Oxford arms not sure if they are both the same pub . yrs Dave
  14. G

OXFORD ARMS, Greenway ST.

Hello , i have just come across 1871 census which shows a Herbert Barton living at Oxford Arms Cheapside is this the same pub as in greenway street
  15. G

Nechells

My aunt and uncle along with their seven children lived lived in Cattles grove i think thats how you spell it i recall they had burnt out garage at back of yard . Also i recall walking along main road as buildings were pulled down and covered in dust my mom was not very happy about that .I...
  16. G

Birmingham Nightclubs of the Past - Memories

Barbrarellas oozle street just of broad street was a amazing place to dance your youth away plus see some great bands spent many a happy night , then getting the 64 night bus home
  17. G

Brookes Alfred 1870 aston

Re: Alfred Brookes 1870 aston thank you so much for time and work you put into this you come up with some new and correct information thank you .
  18. G

Brookes Alfred 1870 aston

Looking for any information on the Brookes family who lived at 75 high st Aston Alfred born 1870 was a letter cutter sign writer im told he designed the M&B sign of deer leaping over an hedge also im told the fairy washing up logo , he married a Emily Williams anything on the family would be...
  19. G

The pitfalls of Genealogy

Is it not possible to have your tree / photos set to private and people can only use them via contact through you .
  20. G

Peel street ( peel gardens) Winson Green

Topsyurvey , Many thanks for all those photos link brought back some wonderful memories my grandchildren enjoyed looking at the photos and founfd it hard to believe we had no bathroom or inside toilet .
Back