• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. D

Ford Street Hockley

hello there i bought a watch from the pawn shop in ford street when i worked at Rabones and it still works to this day although i dont wear it i wont part with it to many old memories i suppose great to see the old pictures of the area as it has very fond memories that are cherished
  2. D

Icknield Port Rd Ladywood.

i had a mate in Icknield port road his name was David Southhall he had a brother older than him and two sister they where enamellers they were REl great family and spent many happy hours with them i lived in Grosvener street west next door but 2 from the pub and the Birmingham guild i worked...
  3. D

Springhill Ice rink Summerhill Road

hin there i was a apprentice at Beliss &Morcomb and knew your dad i started in 1952
  4. D

Springhill Ice rink Summerhill Road

Hi there i was friend of your dad Eric Grinsell he was one hell of a skater and was a old Mohark i used to sit with david Southhall and i believe your dads mum and dad was landlords of a pub wish him all the best from me Dave Davies
  5. D

dance halls

Hi Mike think it was Goodwin and Hardings in Perry Barr i learnt to dance there had to take dancing shoes with you and change before going on dance floor
  6. D

Birmingham Nightclubs of the Past - Memories

i went to the Ritz kings heath and locarno and enjoyed the night life then pity the younger kids dont have the friends we had and the fun that will never be repeated as those times are sadly past
  7. D

Lawrence College Pitman College Corporation St

hello again does anyone remember Roger Lane.....Roy Corbett David Brierley we all attended Lawrences College at same time and as the reunion is coming up again next year it would be good if anyone remembers them or could lead us to contacting them lots of the people we are in contact with...
  8. D

Hello jennyann can you tell me your name when at Lawrences College mu name is David Davies
  9. D

Hello Sarah I was friend of your fathers at school and if I remember correct he lived on the hagley rd just up from the ivy bush we have pictures of the boys that attended my name is David Davies and we are holding a school reunion next year my contact details are 07796566007 or...
  10. D

Hello Sarah I was friend of your fathers at school and if I remember correct he lived on the hagley rd just up from the ivy bush we have pictures of the boys that attended my name is David Davies and we are holding a school reunion next year I am not sure if this will help but tell your da d...
  11. D

Hello jennyann glad to hear from you hope you are keeping well and enjoying life my name is David Davies we are in contact with Valerie Parker Francis Fidgeon David Sills is the coordinator of the reunion try and keep in touch
  12. D

Does anyone remember this school or did you attend we are running a reunion in 2016 and looking for ex pupils to get in touch if interested
Back