• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. R

Birmingham horse drawn buses

All wonderful photos, very nostalgic (at least for me).
  2. R

Cadbury's Bournville Factory

VERY
  3. R

Cadbury's Bournville Factory

Dry much so!
  4. R

Gravelly Hill

The road looks quite narrow with cars running both ways!
  5. R

can you place any forum issues in here after the rebuild

Running VERY well & quick! Thank you!
  6. R

City Centre Photographs

Jay, good luck with your research and welcome to The Forum, enjoy!
  7. R

Lodge Rd Hockley (the Flat)

Thank you! That’s 196 to 280 people depending upon occupancy. That is a lot of people, it’s a large site but very high density.
  8. R

can you place any forum issues in here after the rebuild

Things, systems seem very good today (in the US), thank you!
  9. R

Lodge Rd Hockley (the Flat)

Lyn, do you know by chance when the block of flats were built & how my people occupied it? I remember Lodge Rd and am wondering where all of those people shopped and how many had cars? At the end of 1962 when I left there were more and more cars and parking was becoming very problematic, sorry...
  10. R

Evacuation Of Children World War 2

80 years on we have some friends that live less than a mile from where I am sitting now ( we are friends of their two daughters), the wife who is 94 was born in Redditch (I think) and was evacuated to South Wales. Her husband was born in the US and every summer they would take their two...
  11. R

IN OUR GARDEN 2024

That’s the best way!
  12. R

Hagley Road

I really did not know it well, but that is exactly the way I remember it. Very middle class!
  13. R

Hagley Road

Great then & now photos Viv!
  14. R

Park Lane...Aston

You are up late Lyn! This is after my time, I know Park Lane there were no Pepsi signs when I was there :)
  15. R

Evacuation Of Children World War 2

I was born in 43, my sister in 36. We both grew up in Aston until after the war, our home was bombed, we just lived with relatives until the war ended and for a few extra years. I don’t think there was a plan for war babies, I could be very wrong.
  16. R

Air raid shelters

Absolutely and we didn’t know what we did not have!
  17. R

Air raid shelters

We never played in those air raid shelters but we did play in bombed out buildings. We became pretty good at cleaning up the bricks and build goodness knows what with them. I had a friend who lived over the PDSA at the junction of Soho and Hamstead Roads. Behind the PDSA was a bombed building...
  18. R

Air raid shelters

Interesting statistic 10,000 to 1. My parents home was bombed as were many in Aston. It was a difficult time but even more so for Aston and other areas.
  19. R

Birmingham buses

Very lucky no one was hurt!
  20. R

Top rank suite night club

I never had that, usually I got a flat out no :cool: . I did like the West End Locarno and the Plaza!
Back