• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. frozenuk

The Norton Inn Erdington

do you remember the Norton? (Now a Lidl) My Mother used to be a barmaid there from 1979(ish) then she was in charge of the Lounge serving the food front of house. Colin was the manager when I started glass collecting for a bit of weekend pocket money....I was there right up until about 1987 i...
  2. frozenuk

Frozenuk Saying Hello Fellow Brummies From Past To Present!

It was Geordie Lad who welcomed me to the group via another member... Shakey, cant remember his NB number :)
  3. frozenuk

I know a lot of people back then had the same Handles so a long shot........ High Tower...Richard... Warmley?
  4. frozenuk

And this was the brochure for Connections Arts back in Aston, Rocky Lane :
  5. frozenuk

Hi, thank you for all the warm welcomes! :) for the CB days I was known around Brum as Aligator - NB 85 :) - I have just found a lot of info I kept from those days I will post up :) As for work wise.... I was a bit young back then...and was uncertain of what I wanted to do, but electronics and...
  6. frozenuk

From 84-87 were my CB radio days! And around Brum it was so popular! It got me about a bit! massive aerials on the house...before mobile phones!
  7. frozenuk

No problem and thanks for the replies! Im now finding memories more important than ever and nice to reminisce when the world is changing so fast! Older people need to share stories otherwise they die with them :)
  8. frozenuk

Castle Vale

Born in 1970, Erdington living (with parents) first in Chester road near the Yenton junction....then a move to Ryland Road off Erdington Hall road then to a high rise flat on Castle Vale called Comet House (over the road from the Skylark pub where my mother worked) 1972-1975 .... I went to...
  9. frozenuk

Just a quick hi as new to the forum! born in 1970, Erdington living (with parents) first in Chester road near the Yenton junction....then a move to Ryland Road off Erdington Hall road then to a high rise flat on Castle Vale called Comet House (over the road from the Skylark pub where my mother...
Back