• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. P

Victoria Road Aston

Hi Elwyn. My wife Joy is related. Her mother was Edna Victoria Cross. Last year you were in contact with Rebecca, our daughter in law. The information you gave to Rebecca was very interesting and informative, We were also pleasantly surprised to find that you found us on this forum, attempting...
  2. P

Victoria Road Aston

Thanks Phil, We much appreciate the consideration you and others have given to our request for help. Best wishes Pejoy
  3. P

Victoria Road Aston

thanks Janice will give it a go, Kelly's directories is new to me.
  4. P

Victoria Road Aston

thanks Carolina. During the 1930s - 1940s the house at 102 Victoria Rd. was occupied by my mum & dad. They were not the owners, I am tracing the Cross or Tennant family name, Who may have occupied or owned the house prior to mum & dad living there. Any help would be appreciated thanks.
  5. P

Victoria Road Aston

Hello my name is Pete. Born in 1940 at 102 Victoria rd. Aston, and now living in Queensland Australia. I have traced my family history back to the mid 1700s. from Nottingham to Derby ending in Birmingham I would now like to trace the history of the house I was born in. From when it was built...
  6. P

Growing Up In Brum - Roy Blakey Inspired.

What a great evening that was, I had forgotten it until I read your post.
  7. P

Mr Martin at Loxton St. Remarking to one kid that he would do well with a job at Bryant & May, remember them, they made Swan Vestas matches
  8. P

My during the 1950s mum won a goose, complete with feathers in a Christmas raffle, delivered by a kid on a bike, body in the basket, head hanging one side legs the other. Great fun plucking it hung on a door, with the head draging on the floor. How she ever got it in the oven I don't know. I had...
  9. P

Little Bromwich Hospital

can anyone tell me where Little Bromage isolation hospital was. I was a 6yr old patient in 1946 suffering diphtheria.
  10. P

Nechells

Thanks Alberta. I have only just discovered this group, and i'm just finding my around. I am so impressed, the replies have been so quick and informative. After 40+yrs living in Australia still have fond memories of growing up in Brum. Best wishes and thanks.
  11. P

Re: Birmingham History I remember it well, you missed the Nechells bombers,
  12. P

Nechells

I do recall reading that a Mr Cato was one of the founders, the original lessons were conducted in private homes, then to a school building erected by the founders. The school I mentioned was Bloomsbury county Primary, I remember the date carved in the brick work.
  13. P

Nechells

I was born in Nechells, the streets around were Lister, scholfield, Oliver, Cromwell, Rupert, Cranbourne and other names associated with the civil war. Was that area a camp used by the Roundheads during that period.? I attended Lingard St. primary 1945-1951. This I read was the first school in...
Back