• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. P

Tudor Grange, Solihull - former home of Alfred Bird

I was there as a resident from 1955-58 i think. I was a TB patient and had been in hospital in Evesham and worcester since the age of three. I was taken to Tudor Grange by car and remember being deposited at the front door by my Mum, who was promptly whisked away. I was taken to the dining room...
  2. P

I visited there a while back and was allowed inside and around the back. I have several photos but haven't yet worked out how to post them. I was a resident there in the 50s and have some strong memories of my time there.
  3. P

Hi - I too was a resident at Tudor Grange from around 1955 - 58. I have mixed memories of it and have revisited there in the last few years. The building is still much the same and the interior wood panelling seems to be intact and almost as spooky as it was then. I would be interested to hear...
Back