• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. T

McEntyre, Frank

Frank McEntyre b. 1888 son of Patrick and Kate McEntyre. Have 1891,1901 and 1911 census details. Believe he lived at Railway Street, West Bromwich (just before WW1 I believe) number unknown. Understand he took up cycle racing winning numerous prizes. Any information regarding the address in West...
  2. T

Mason, John

John Mason b. 1885 abt. Any record to show him living at 41 Temple Road, Willenhall, Staffs. (around 1919-20) would be most helpful. A married man but wife's first name unknown. Regards Peter
  3. T

Hayden, George

Trouble finding 1901 and 1911 census for George b. 14th December 1886, Birmingham. Son of George and Maggie Heyden. 1891 census and 1939 Register available and also ER 1920 1935. m. Annie Maria Aston 26th December 1912 (he was a postman at this time). Known address 77 Peel Street. Any help...
  4. T

Hubble - Harrison

Not much to go on but trying to find info on Hubble - Harrison. No first name regards Hubble (Mrs) but Ellen for Harrison. Have address that connects both, 3 Court 1 House, Cox Street, Birmingham. 1906 to 1909 period Ellen Harrison was living at this address (boarder?) widow aged about 45. Any...
  5. T

Griffiths, Frederick

Frederick Griffiths born 4th August 1884 Great Malvern, Worcestershire. I can't find any census (or birth, marriage ) record(s) for Frederick. Have an address (1918) Rose Cottage, Malvern Link, Worcestershire. The birth and address info are from PoW record for Frederick (taken prisoner April...
  6. T

GREAVES, Benjamin

Benjamin Greaves b. Birmingham 1885 abt. Found on ER 1920, 25, 35 living at 23 Quinton Buildings, Ledsam St., Birmingham. Possible marriage to Annie (?) and a daughter also called Annie (ER info). Have not found any census records or a marriage that seems correct with what little I have...
  7. T

Garrett - Garratt?

Alfred Garrett/Garratt b. 1886 abt. Known address 5 Heeley Road, Bournbrook. 1911 census serving soldier, single (Worc. Reg. 7997). Electoral reg. 1918, 20 and 22 for above address. Married by 1914 but can't find a marriage. 1920 ER names Alfred and Annie at 5 Heeley Road, could she be his...
  8. T

Egginton, George Henry

Son of Charles and Martha Ann Egginton born March Q. 1885 baptism 18 Feb. 85. Found 1891 and 1901 census records for him also 1911 census for parents and siblings (64 Herrick St. Wolverhampton?). Not found a 1911 census for George. He did enlist in the Worcestershire Regiment (Nov. 1905) and I...
  9. T

Doidge, Harold

Born Birmingham 1893 son of Austin and Isabella Doidge. Lived Malvern Link at some time and there is a Harold Doidge on the1921 census that seems to fit but I don't have Findmypast membership only Ancestry. The address would confirm if this Harold is the one I am after and if any member could...
  10. T

Darwood, W.

Seeking info for a William Darwood (Sarah Ann, wife) to be living at 395 Farm Street, Hockley around 1903/4. Any help would be much appreciated. Peter
  11. T

Cooper, Abraham Thomas

Trying to find 1911 census for Thomas Cooper (Abraham Thomas Cooper?). Born Bristol? Living Birmingham 1911, possible address 68 Miller Street, Aston. Any help would be appreciated. Regards Peter
  12. T

Chamberlain, G.

Hi, I know some of you like a challenge so this post re George Chamberlain, born 1887 Kidderminster. No census records found for 1891, 1901 or 1911 for George (why?). We find him on 1939 register (plus wife and son). What is known about George is that he married Violet Maud Walker 1908, during...
  13. T

Thomas and AliceHill

Trying to find electoral confirmation that Thomas and Alice Hill lived at 4 back 18 Moseley Road, Highgate, Birmingham between 1917 - 1930.
  14. T

Cooper family WW1

Any info on Cooper family living Smethwick 1914-17 at 34 Mornington Terrace, Mornington Road would be most appreciated. Regards Peter
  15. T

Homer

Seeking any information on George Thomas Homer b. Birmigham 1891. Regards Peter
  16. T

Tainsh - Wedding / Birth

Help needed or advice regards searching for the info I require. Have had no result searching (Ancestry/Findmypast) for a marriage between John Brady and Jenny Tainsh (spinster). The wedding took place 3 June 1915 Kelvin, Glasgow, Scotland. A daughter from this marriage was born 7 August 1917...
  17. T

Jenkins - Stephens

Looking for info regards Miss Elsie Jenkins (Mrs Elsie Stephens). Lived at 12 Pope Street, Birmingham at some time (1917 - 1920?). Not a lot to go on but all I have at the moment. Possible one child. Regards Peter
  18. T

Tyers

Looking for the name Tyers , Alfred living at 76 Benacre Street, Birmingham (late 1919 early 1920's). Married and child/children but believe child/children sent to Canada (1921?). Any help would most appreciated. Electoral register info or any other help would be most appreciated. Peter
  19. T

Collins, A. E.

Any information on Arthur Edward Collins would be appreciated. Believe he was born 1888 abt. Birmingham (son of Frederick and Sarah Collins ?). Known to have resided at 8 Richmond Terrace, Bolton Road, Small Heath (1915-20?). Regards Peter
  20. T

Clara Morris

Not much to go on with this person but hoping someone can help with information. All I have is an address and this was around the 1930's, 28 Kirby Road, Winson Green. There was a daughter (Emily) but do not know husbands name (possibly Samuel?). A son named Samuel died in WW1 (1914). May have...
Back