• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. J

Belgrave Road Pub?

My apologies. I have found another Joseph Guy with wife Phoebe in 1911 census in Birmingham. More research needed.
  2. J

Belgrave Road Pub?

Just working on my family tree and The Lord Byron, 166 Belgrave Road, came up as the home of my ancestor in the 1911 census. He was Joseph Guy and his wife Phoebe.
  3. J

Where do I go from here?

Thanks for that. From 1871 onwards one family is Joseph and Jemima Watts, the other is James and Elizabeth Watts. Generally lived around Aston and central Birmingham. John
  4. J

Where do I go from here?

I have a theory that my Gt.Gt.grandfather and his wife split up around 1854. My Gt.Gt.grandfather took the first born son and went his own way, later,I believe, bigamously remarrying. The marriage certificate does not show his fathers name. My Gt.Gt.grandmother appears to have had two children...
  5. J

HELP. Am I on the right track?

Thanks Shera and Bren. I did have this information and am comfortable with the facts from 1871 to the present day. I am pretty comfortable with the James G Watts birth certificate, except for the James/Joseph name change. I just wish I could find some more continuity for the earlier years.
  6. J

HELP. Am I on the right track?

Can anyone advise me if I am on the right track or where else I could look to confirm my findings? 1888-My grandfather Henry(Harry) Watts born,26/3/1888. Father James Watts, wire drawer,mother Lucy nee Ashford, from birth certificate 1881- census,James Watts,25, and Lucy Watts,25, shown. 1875-...
  7. J

Royal Warwickshire 2/8 Battalion

Many thanks for your help.
  8. J

Royal Warwickshire 2/8 Battalion

My grandfather was Pte. H. Watts, 306100, 2/8 RWR. From this site I gather that they were formed in October 1914 and landed in France 21 May 1916. He is listed as being killed 2 April 1917 and buried at Cerisy-Gailly Military Cemetery. Is there any way of finding out when he actually enlisted...
Back