• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. R

Its Astoness’s (Lyn) birthday

Happy Birthday lyn hope you have a lovely day
  2. R

Belchers Lane Bordesley Green

Wakerley Academy is buit right opposite the back of the Heartland hospital and is on yardley green road
  3. R

The Queens Corgis.

I wonder what will happen to her labradors that she has at Sandringham and I wonder if they will carry on the breeding line
  4. R

First Driving Lesson

I took my test on the 1st April 1989 an hour after I went to my mother-in-laws funeral and yes I did pass my test
  5. R

Triplex Safety Glass, Kings Norton

They have moved the factory to Redditch my son worked there till 2020 he was made redundant after first lockdown my husband also worked there.think there will be houses built on the land as it was sold of before they moved
  6. R

Marston Green Hospital

I was born in Marston Green Hospital in 1953 and my mom registered me at her bedside and it is in Meriden
  7. R

MY FIRST/SECOND GRANDCHILD

Lyn I'm glad it's all over and Evie is beautiful that picture of the two together is one to treasure
  8. R

Covid vaccination process

I left brum 2 years ago now live in nottinghamshire I'm 67 had a text of doctor on Tuesday to book my jab went yesterday at 12.20 very organised was in and out in 10 min had to sit in car for 15 mins got up this morning no reaction so far
  9. R

Pet Fostering

I volunteered for a labrador rescue for many years and fostered for them and found it rewarding the first couple of fosters I didn't want to let go but after that I was ok there are so many animals that need a home and fostering is a way of giving them a chance to get use to a home life I can...
  10. R

Lozells Girls School

I think they were green carnt remember any yellow.I know it's didn't make any diffence I still wasn't a good girl.sue
  11. R

Lozells Girls School

Lyn I was made a prefect as well and was told they hoped that I would behave and set an example to the younger girls( yeh right)sue
  12. R

Lozells Girls School

Hi Lyn don't think I have anything with a badge on it but will look.suex
  13. R

Easter Meet Up 2017

Thanks Lyn I found some of my old reports at moms will sort them and bring them with me so looking forward to seeing you again
  14. R

Easter Meet Up 2017

Oh and I'll bring a raffle prize
  15. R

Easter Meet Up 2017

Would you put my name down Lyn will look forward to seeing you again after a lot of years.sue
  16. R

Hawkins jellied eels fish bar

Lyn do you remember Dodd's the jewellers think its in the picture my dad worked there he was a watch maker I had my ears pieced there at the age of 13
  17. R

Birmingham Home for Lost and Starving Dogs

Im glad they are moving out of brum I think of the poor dogs on firework night and new year when the fireworks are going of I have a lurcher who is frightened of fireworks
  18. R

William Street...Lozells

Hi sara I went to alma street school as well
  19. R

William Street...Lozells

Lovely to talk to you Lyn love this site been onit most of the afternoon and evening speak soon sue
  20. R

William Street...Lozells

Ok thanks Lyn will have a think as well I think mom still has some of my reports from lozells girls will have a look when im at moms
Back