• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. R

Sir Robert Peel Pub, Peel St

Only just seen this. Lived in Peel Street almost opposite this pub during most of the 1940's and 50's. Lovely to see the photo, which was taken from outside our house or next door. Cannot recall the young lady Anne though. We moved out in 1960 and went to Harborne.
  2. R

George Dixons Grammar School

Hi, Calcbird. I also started in 1953, form 1A, down to form 1B for one term then back up to 1A. Think our form master was Mr Dare, who taught English. I can recall the little ditty 'How Dare Wagg Gamble' for the teachers' surnames. Polly Worthington taught maths and Geoffrey Fletcher was music...
  3. R

George Dixons Grammar School

Only just joined this website, Janet, but I also started G D in 1953, the boys' side obviously. My 'girlfriend' for a while was a girl called Carol, who lived in Winson Green. Cannot remember her surname, but she would have been in the same year group as you and me. Seems a very long time ago now.
Back