• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. Punch

Tubes Limited

Looking for any fellow workers from the forging department during the 1960s/70s or 80s
  2. Punch

Tubes Limited

Hi Victor look on page13 and you’ll see the photo’s.
  3. Punch

Tubes Limited

Hi John hope you’re keeping well.If you look on page 13 you’ll see photo’s of the forging department. ( overhead crane bay one and the entrance to bay 5 )
  4. Punch

Birmingham Tube Company

The photo is of the charger in the Draw Bench Department which would be loaded with long lengths of tubes and placed in long furnaces to be annealed. The guy in the photo bending forward is my dad Bob Collingwood
  5. Punch

Birmingham Tube Company

As Pedrocut said it was more than likely Tubes ltd where your Great Grandfather worked and probably in the Draw Bench department or the Forging Department both departments did the process you mention.
  6. Punch

Tubes Limited

Sending you my thoughts at this special time of year Barry.
  7. Punch

Tubes Limited

Hi Bazz you are correct they were a item and eventually got married.I think Alison worked in the main office.
  8. Punch

Tubes Limited

Hi Banjo. I remember Ginger Ford that was good of him to get you a job but you should have given it a bit more than 2 weeks before you decided to leave.I know it was heavy work but a mate of mine Stan Rogalson did it for 28 years.
  9. Punch

Tubes Limited

Hi Norman Hi Norman isn’t strange in life there’s things you never forget like your moms Co op number or the old customer job numbers Vauxhall 13996,Rolls Royce 12701,Salisbury 13655/56,13622and the oldest I can remember is Morris 900.I bet you and Bazz can remember a few as well.
  10. Punch

Restaurants In Birmingham 1960s

Hi Sylviasayers The Chinese restaurant above the chemists was the Dragons Gate
  11. Punch

Tubes Limited

View from Catherine Street looking towards Tubes Ltd
  12. Punch

Tubes Limited

Photo taken of 2 bay showing number 4 Ajax and furnace
  13. Punch

Tubes Limited

Tubes Ltd Football team from 1901
  14. Punch

Tubes Limited

Cheston Road where number 3 GFM was housed The most complicated machine to set up with all those switches but most enjoyable to work on.
  15. Punch

Tubes Limited

The rear end of the forge from the canel side looking somewhat run down with the fire exit bricked up.
  16. Punch

Tubes Limited

Outside the entrance of 5 bay towards 4 bay where the Lamberton and Number 5 Ajax once stood
  17. Punch

Tubes Limited

TWO DIFFERENT TYPES OF FORGING MACHINES FROM ROCKY LANE AND CHESTON ROAD
  18. Punch

Tubes Limited

Tubes ltd workers from 1901
  19. Punch

Tubes Limited

Hi John nice to hear from you there doesn't seem to be many people from the forge on this forum.I worked in the forge for 18years I don't know if you can recall me my name is Steve Collingwood I used to be the welder at the top of 2 bay nearest the canal and was a pull bearer at your brother...
  20. Punch

Tubes Limited

Last week was the first time I returned to tubes since February 1986 All.the overhead cranes have gone and the haze of smoke.The circular saws no longer cut the billets from random lengths and cut lengths of tube to produce top quality forging such as Salisbury 13655/6 ,Bmc 9001 and many more...
Back