• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. D

Any idea about mines

Ages ago I was sent part of my Family Tree. My second cousin had been researching, and one of cousins posted a photo copy of it. I must admit did not study it hard, but today on looking at it in more detail. My great grandmother born roughly 1847, but married in 1882 at the age of 31 which...
  2. D

Weather: Winter snow 1967/68 or 1968/69

What winter snow 1967/1968 or 1968/1969 stopped the buses running? I have been racking my brain to see what winter the snow was so bad that when I came off night duty my bus managed to get to Perry Barr, and could not go any further, and I had to walk home from there to Kingstanding. Looking...
  3. D

The lamppost outside where I was born

The lamppost outside of my childhood home in Cranbourne Road holds some fond memories, and also of my Mum finally getting mad, and telling the kids to go down their end of the street, and play. Often the lamppost was used for wickets in a game of cricket, and accounted for our window being...
  4. D

Weather : Thunderstorms

My mother had a irrational fear of thunderstorms. So when it thundered she went into the cloakroom under the stairs , smoked a zillion cigarettes. Dad had to open the backdoor to allow a thunderbolt it we had one to pass down the chimney, and out through the back door. This was when we had a...
Back