• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. N

Don Street, winson Green

My great aunt Charlotte Waterhouse and family lived at 4 back of 7 don street. 1939
  2. N

Sherborne Street, Ladywood

I have found out today that my husbands maternal grandparents lived at 7 back of 12 Sherborne Street. Has anyone have any pictures, maps or information on the back to backs, family etc who may have known them? My started looking into his family history as he did not know anything about them.
  3. N

Mann / Humphrey Families Ladywood

Today I went to the cemetery and found Ellens grave a major step forward in the family history search. still looking for Alfred but I have found an Albert Mann who was buried the same year and age and died in the QEH. Could be a coincidence but then again Thank you all for your help.
  4. N

Mann / Humphrey Families Ladywood

Thought I would just update you as your help was vital in my research. I have found out that Ellen died in 1934 and is buried in Key hill cemetery and Alfred died in Queen Elizabeth hospital aged 71 with a bleed on the brain. He did indeed live at 4 Clark street with the family until he died. I...
  5. N

Uplands Cemetery Smethwick

Thank you for your help. I will take a walk and see what I can find out soon
  6. N

Thank you for your help.
  7. N

Thank you. I know the Site and the link does work. was going to have a walk up there and see if I could find it again.
  8. N

This is the information I have
  9. N

Thank you for your help.
  10. N

I have a grave / plot number. How do I find the grave ?
  11. N

handsworth

What number did you live at ?
  12. N

handsworth

hi what number did you live at? My family lived at 90
  13. N

handsworth

Hi yes it was around 1955 as my brother was born in st chads and they moved into the house. My brother still lives there. I was born there in the 60 s
  14. N

handsworth

my mom and dads house was at 90 Grosvenor Road Handsworth B20 from the 50 s. I grew up there.
  15. N

abbey street...hockley

Great memories. My husband loves all the stories as he grew up in Brighton Place with his brothers. He went to All Saints School until he was 8 then onto the Annexe
  16. N

Horton

Do,you still have a photograph ?
  17. N

Rachel Family History

Thank you. I still have two aunties alive from my Rachel family
  18. N

Lea Tavern, Lea Village

Does anyone remember David Bellamy in relation to Lea Hall Tavern?
  19. N

Horton

I would love to see the photo please. My Nan was Lily Newbrook daughter of Charlotte & Fred
Back