• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. S

Conybere street in 1959.

Hi .can anyone tell me where william edwards yard was situated in conybere street highgate .in 1959.top middle or bottom end ??????????? Many thanks.
  2. S

old brummie sayings

THIS POST SHOULD REALLY GO INTO OLD BRUMMIE SAYINGS ...BUT I COULDNT FIND IT....SO DOES ANYONE REMEMBER THE SAYING CHARLIES DEAD .if your petticoat was showing beneath your skirt hem....AND YOUVE GOT SPUDS IN YOUR SOCKS....holes in socks .....
  3. S

Hill Family In Bromsgrove Worcs

I DONT KNOW IF IM IN THE RIGHT PLACE BUT I AM LOOKING FOR COUSINS..WHO LIVED IN BROMSGROVE..THIER FATHER WAS ALBERT WILLIAM HILL (deceased) .HIS WIFE WAS JESSE .LAST KNOWN ADDRESS WAS .PERRYFIELD CRESCENT SIDEMOOR BROMSGROVE .WORCS...MY MOTHER IS THE SISTER OF ALBERT ..SHE IS THE ONLY SIBLING...
  4. S

The Hereford Arms

Does anyone remember the hereford pub ..it was off ombersley road ..birmingham..i would imagine its been demolished now ..i recall steve ..who used to always sing "the coward of the county "to me.in late 70's...anyone remember alec leake who drank with steve.??
  5. S

Mary Street School Balsall Heath

i havent yet seen anyone who attended mary street infants school in balsall heath on here ..i started there in 1951.and left for secondary school in 1957..to go to upper highgate school for girls where i finished my education. .....
Back