• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. K

Hope Street School Birmingham

My dad Walter Dunn and his twin brother Bernard born January 1926 went to Hope Street School. Does anyone on this site know of them or posts or recollections of them. Their father died when they were babies and their mother, Jessie Dunn (nee McNicholl) and their older sister Irene brought them...
  2. K

wellesley street

That pic with the corner shop 338 Farm Street we used ti live just about where the lamp post is. Had a meal or two in that transport cafe. Around 1963.
  3. K

wellesley street

We lived at 48 Wellesley Street in the early 60's having moved from Monument Road. At least once I recall eating in the Cafe in pic 13. Well used by lorry drivers as I recall. We were 3 brothers, Bernard, Kennet(me) and Peter, my sister Phyllis was born there in 1963. I think it was the Devlins...
Back