• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. J

Munitions factory

Hi Reg thanks for the info, do u know if there is anyway of finding out if she worked there, would there be any records or anything?
  2. J

Munitions factory

My Great Grandmother worked in a munitions factory in around 1900s, she lived in Aston, can u tell me what big factories were around there , that would have been used for this purpose..xx:rolleyes:
  3. J

childrens homes

My grandfather was also put into, we believe a Dr Banardo's home, he lived in Aston, could he have gone to the one in Summerhill Road, around about 1911 or 1912? or if not do u know of any other ones in the area, or was there one main one?
  4. J

Crabtree Rd

Yeah my mom and dad live about 4 doors away, my parents live opposite the shop, my brother is a friend of Jason, but we all grew up together.:cool:
  5. J

childrens homes

My grandfather went into a Childrens home, around 1911, he lived in Aston, we think it was a Dr, Barnardos, can anyone give me any info about this, and where about there was one, or which one he would have gone into?
  6. J

Crabtree Rd

Hi, my mom and dad live in Crabtree Road, most of my teens were there, My mom and Dad live near Dave Allen.
  7. J

Sanitorium Yardley Rd.

Can anyone tell me if, I had a relative in the Yardley Green Sanitarium, would those records be available?
Back