• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. kat

Registration District

Wonder if anyone can help with the meaning - 'Meriden Union' that appears on a birth certificate (1896) as the registration district?
  2. kat

Birmingham Weston Road Workhouse & Cape Schools

Hi I am trying to find out what the abbreviations in 'Western Road U.D' mean. I have found the information on a death certificate issued in 1939 in the County of Borough of Birmingham. I am wondering if this is a hospital?? Can anyone shed any light on this? It would be much appreciated.
  3. kat

Western road u.d.??

Hi I am trying to find out what the abbreviations in the 'Western Road U.D' mean. I am assuming that Western Road U.D. is a hospital??? I am taking the information from a death certificate issued in 1939 in the County of Borough of Birmingham. Can anyone shed light on this abbreviation...
Back