• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. P

St Matthews Duddeston Lookups

Hello Thank you so much to everyone who answered me about St Matthews church and for the lovely photos. Is there anywhere i can research baptisms at St Matthews? Thank you once again Pam
  2. P

St Matthews Duddeston Lookups

Hello everyone Just have a quick question Does anyone know if St Matthews in Duddeston is still standing. Would really appreciate any info Many thanks Pam
  3. P

St James Church Frederick road Aston

Can anyone help Looking for a photo of St James Church Aston on the corner of Frederick road and whitehead road Hoping to surprise my sister and brother in law with it as they were married 50years ago April 1st 2011 Many thanks Pam
  4. P

Burbury Street

What a lot of information is on the ordinance map Would any one have a copy of nursery road and wellesley street down to farm street We used to live at 150 wellesley street and we were surrounded by factorys. Thanks again Pam
  5. P

Vine Inn Villa Street

Hello Lynn Lovely photo brings back a lot of memories was it the part of Villa street closes to Nursery road or the top end Went to school with a girl whose last name was Harper who lived in Villa street Thanks again for the memories Pam
  6. P

woolworths gone into administration

Hello Everybody So sorry to hear the news about Woolies Worked at the one on Hawthorn Road for a few years lot of happy memories Thanks for the memoreis Pam
  7. P

Barbara Trueman shop in Driffold , Sutton Coldfield

Hi Tali Hope i have the right location The Driffold Came down and met the road where the lovely shops were if memeory serves me correct where the shops were was called Beeches Walk,and i beleive Barbara Truemans was towards the end by the lovely gardens as they were then. Begining at the top...
  8. P

Co-op horse

Hello everybody My moms was 110058
  9. P

Pubs of Hockley/Newtown

Hello Wales thank you so much again for the pics of the pubs,several of them were around where i lived. The white swan was that on the corner of Villa street and farm street oppisite Dr Taggerts 9who can forget black jack oniment) many thanks again Pam
  10. P

defford road

Hello Wales Thank you so much for posting those photos of Defford Roa,it has bought back the memories. Does any one remember the green grocers on the other end of defford road where it met guthrie street i beleive it was run by a man called Harry Forester,when the small delicous new potatoes...
  11. P

Gerrard Street

Hello Wales If my memory serves me correct yes Flights coaches was in Berners street,when i was growing up it was called Whittles and then it became Flights it was right next door to my Gran Oldfields and later my Uncle Alan and Uncle Jim lived there Pam
  12. P

Lucas Great King Street memories

Hello Everyone Speaking of Lucas memories My mom was a cleaner at Lucas at the Great king and farm street Monday to Friday evening 6till 10pm.When i got to thinking about her it reminded me about the sports day they would have every year down Kingstanding way and they would serve fresh...
  13. P

Irish Quarter?

irish club Hello If memory serves me right there was an irish club called the Shamrock i think that was near Digbeth in the late sixties. Pam
Back