• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. A

Molesworth Oliver

Dear John The burial records for St Nicolas, Kings Norton, for these dates, are not available on Ancestry. I have them on a recently purchased CD, from BMSGH. Only three Hogan burials are recorded and they are as follows: 21/08/1941 Rita Ludlow Hogan, aged 12, 191 Longbridge Lane...
  2. A

Help needed with WW2 records Please

Could the entry be PAIFORCE? which stands for Persia and Iraq Force. Regards Andy Parkes
  3. A

were would a still born be buried,

Dear Zooie I am at present transcribing Witton burial register Volume 70 for BMSGH: this covers 1960. I have checked through all of the stillborn burials that began with 'W', for that year: the burial you are looking for is not at Witton. Hope that this helps to at least eliminate one cemetery...
  4. A

Thomas Warner & Esther Hemues

Dear MWS Entry 2728 Thomas Warmer, of this parish, bachelor and Esther Hemues, of this parish. Married fourth December 1803; Banns; by John Cooke, Curate. Thomas made mark (X); Esther made mark (X) witnesses were: Ann Smith (X) and John (T)uckley Regards Andy
  5. A

St Nicholas Kings Norton Look Ups

Dear Clarkie Parish Register marriage transcripts for St Nicolas Kings Norton gives following information: 11 December 1707 Philip Oorton of parish of Bicknell and Elizabeth Millward of the parish of Old Swinford. Regards Andy
  6. A

Baptism/Buriel help please: 1834

Dear Margaret The IGI burial entry that you refer to gives the burial place as St Mary, Whittall Street, Birmingham (from the film reference number). Regards Andy
  7. A

Burials for Inmates of the Worcester County Lunatic Asylum, Powick.

Dear Jane I can't tell you where he is buried - but more information about his time at Powick can be viewed at the George Marshall Medical Museum site: https://www.medicalmuseum.org.uk/archive.aspx type his name into the search box and an image of the hospital record will be displayed - then...
  8. A

Brandwood End Cemetery

Dear Doug I can give you more in the way of details on one of your recent 1908 entries - Eliza Jane Parkes (nee Harris). She died of 'shock and pneumonia from burns, due to falling against the fire whilst in a fainting condition': the incident happened at home (92 Highbury Road, Kings Heath)...
  9. A

Married By Licence

Dear Bob and Ledsam I can confirm from my own visit to the archives at Lcihfield, that not many of the warwickshire bonds and allegations seems to have survived. I went with a list of marriages and only found one document out of ten searches. If your relations are married in Worcester diocese...
  10. A

St Martins: Help needed please...

Dear Margaret Sarah born 20/03/1833, baptised 29/07/1833 at St Martin, daughter of Edward and Sarah Brough, of Deritend, brushmaker Catherine born 02/07/1836, baptised 11/01/1837 as above. Couldn't find burials for Sarah Brough according to Family Search Edward Brough, aged 68, burial...
  11. A

Parish Church Sutton Coldfield ???

Dear Margaret Warwick Archives have details of the parish registers on for the period you are interested in: SUTTON COLDFIELD Bapt1565-1924 Marr1565-1922 Burials1565-1869 Regards Andy
  12. A

All Saints, West Bromwich Staffordshire

Dear Rich I went to the Stafford archives today and whilst I was there looked up the marriage you are interested in; the entry in the parish registers of All Saints, West Bromwich reads as follows..... John Finney, of this parish, bachelor married Elizabeth Orton, of this parish, spinster; by...
  13. A

Wills

The bound Probate index volumes at Birmingham Library only go up to 1971. For more recent records visit any Probate office and use their computer terminal to search the 'HMCS Willfinder'; you can search up to and including 2010. I have done this at Birmingham on many occasions and find the...
  14. A

Key Hill Cemetery Memorial Inscriptions

Dear Wendy I wonder if you would be kind enough to look up the MI for James Edmonds d1865 and his wife Rebecca (nee Parkes) d1869; grave 211D. We corresponded on this family before and I would be very grateful for any information you can supply. Many thanks Andy Parkes
  15. A

All Souls Church, Birchfield, Stafford.

Dear Dr Di All Souls, Wenlock Road, Witton was designed by Phillip Chatwin and consecrated in 1907, it was originally served by the clergy of Holy Trinity, Birchfield. In 1926 it was assigned a parish out of Ss Peter & Paul Aston and Holy trinity, Birchfield. Birmingham Archives have baptism...
  16. A

St Aidans Church Aston

Dear Gail Here is a photo of the church in question, now called All Saints, Small Heath. The original All Saints was bombed in WW2; the church website has an excellent history at, https://www.allsaintsonline.co.uk/index.php Regards Andy Parkes
  17. A

Witton Cemetery burial records

Dear Brock He would not have left a will - you will notice that the entry reads administration of the estate was granted to his widow, rather that probate. I did not find an entry for Fanny in th 1906 or 1907 volumes. Regards Andy
  18. A

Witton Cemetery burial records

Dear Brock I called in to the library this evening and had a look at the Witton cemetry records - couldn't find any that would relate to either William of Fanny. I had a look at Yardley too (I had relatives in Garrison Lane who were buried at this cemetery) but no joy for Fanny. There were...
  19. A

Register office

I had a similar query a couple of years ago, when I asked about the location of the Kings Norton Register Office (became part of Birmingham South 1924-1932). I spoke to a very helpful chap called John Yates at the Register Office on 0121 675 2909. He confirmed that the Register Offices...
  20. A

Key Hill Cemetery - Edmonds grave/memorial

Dear Brian Thanks for the reply. The names you mention tally with the couple and some of their children - appearing with them on the 1851/61 census returns (and 1841 with Rebecca and her in laws - James is residing at the 'Court of Request Prison' in that year!). So I think you have...
Back