• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. N

Patrick Road & Vera Road in Yardley, Birmingham

I was too young to remember but I'm sure he would have been teased about it.
  2. N

I've spoken with her this afternoon and she remembers both you and Alan very well. She knew exactly who you were before I received your reply with your surnames. She sends you her very best wishes and was delighted to hear that you are still with us as well. She remembers meeting you when she...
  3. N

Hi Dave, My Mum is Margaret and she now lives near Hereford with her 2nd husband. My Dad, Peter, lives near Stratford with his 2nd wife. He has a sister, Margaret, who lives in Solihull. They are all good friends together which is great. John lived in Brixham the last I heard but unfortunately...
  4. N

My Grandmother lived at number 20, Kathleen Pick, and my other grandparents lived at no 76, Norman and Mary Bates.
  5. N

Yardley - Vera Road

My mother lived at number 20 and remembers the houses opposite being bombed. They were just going up to bed, thinking the all clear had sounded, when the bomb went off. They were amazed when they looked out and saw the houses had gone. The occupants of both houses were out so there were no...
  6. N

My grandparents all lived in Vera Road from when the house were built until the early 1980s. My cousins and I use to play in the park on Moat Lane in the 1960s. I vaguely recall a small shop was incorporated into the building in the middle of the park which may account for the post office being...
Back