• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. J

Lost streets of birmingham

Sorry this post was from last year since then I have sent for 8 certificates & all but 2 give a slight difference in the address or are not 100% readable with age so far I have 3 with 9 court barn st with what could poss be 2 back?
  2. J

St Gabriel's Italian Church Deritend

wow thank you phil I can clearly tell where they lived on this fantastic map it was 9 court 3 barn st Judith was according to family stories one of the ladies that kept the church tidy & sorted the flowers .I have several baptism & wedding certs inc my G Grandparents for St Gabriels all but 2...
  3. J

Lost streets of birmingham

My g grandparents & many of my Canal boatmen married at st Gabriels giving the address of his sister in barn st does a map exist where I can locate where in barn st their house was this was in 1895
  4. J

attatched to above post as I forgot to ask if at any time there was a buriel area to this church if not where might they have been buried please
  5. J

Hello I notice the last posting was early 2015 it is now over3 years later so can anyone confirm if any of this area is still standing as I will be in tipton next month doing some more family reserch & as yet I have not been able to find a full photo of st gabriels church before it was bombed I...
Back