• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. E

Clear Hooters Ltd

According to Graces Guide, Clear Hooters Ltd were based in Hampton Street, and employed upwards of 250 persons. With that number of staff, the factory must have been fairly large but I cannot place exactly where it was positioned. Does anyone have any knowledge of the company? Many thanks in...
  2. E

James Factory, Tomey Road, Greet

Does anyone have any memories of working at the James factory in Tomey Road, Greet, in the 1940's and 50's? I visited the site in the mid 50's to have some work done on my motorcycle. I was sent to the canteen for a couple of hours whilst the work was being done. A super company. I would...
  3. E

The Acumen Company, Park Road, Aston

Does anyone on the site have any knowledge about The Acumen Company, who had a factory/workshop in Park Road, Aston. According to Graces Guide they produced accessories for the motor and motorcycle industry from at least 1945 to the late 1950's but I cannot find out any history is contemporary...
  4. E

Calthorpe Motorcycles, Barn Street, Bordesley

I am trying to research George Hands, Calthorpe Cycle and Motorcycle Company that was situated in Lion Works on Barn Street between 1905 and 1938. Looking along Barn Street on Google Earth I believe the original facade of the main Lion Works building and the adjacent office still exists on the...
Back