• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. J

The Four Provinces

the four provinces was a very successful irish social club started by gerry coen a major plastering contractor in the midlands, its now the pavillion pub, i was a regular there,,,gerry coen rip was a very nice guy,, he,was a great friend of my late father in law tom fitzgerald,,,best regards...
  2. J

Fred Dawkins Cafe Highgate Road Balsall Heath

fred told me a rep walked in one day ,,to demonstrate the machine,,and explained the saving in labour ,as customers helped themselves,,,this would of been in the 50s,fred bought one ,but made the spares needed over the years as company went out of business,,fred repaired my electric drill, as i...
  3. J

Fred Dawkins Cafe Highgate Road Balsall Heath

fred dawkins ran the cafe after his mother retired, ,,up until it finally closed for demolition,,,,after he retired he did my neighbours garden for at least 10yrs,,in kings heath,,,he was a great worker well into his 80s,,,i think he did the garden more for something to do,he kept it...
  4. J

Ice cream shop in Ladypool Road?

has anybody got the recipe for burdons ice cream,,,i would love to have it for my own use,,,
  5. J

Does Any Remember Steve Ford - Local Comedian In Late 60s

many thanks to SOSPIRI,,,,what a find you are,,,i was at the fore- mentioned midland club acts of the year,,,may 1982,,it was a great line up...nick barry and oliver spencer were both superb acts,,,,you had to be good to win this award,,,the competion was fierce,,,,,,,,bernie burgess was the...
  6. J

thank you ,bob johnson,,,what a find,,,i am truly amazed,,,steve ford was a superb comedian,,,he was a big talent,,,and should of been a star,,,,i tried to book him once for a christmas party but he was to busy,,,,,you needed to book him months in advance,,warm regards john griffin,,
  7. J

is steve still alive,,,i have never forgotten how good he was,,i saw him at least 5 times,,,over the years,,you got tired laughing,,,thanks for replying,,warm regards john griffin,
Back