• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. J

Birmingham Midwives

Hello Nick , I remember mom also had a phone and a similar car , it even had a garage just behind the house , my dad was a spark (courting mom at the time )and he wired an outside light up for them . They finally got married in Trinity Road church in 1954 , they then bought a house in West Heath...
  2. J

Birmingham Midwives

Thanks Viv, it was late but I meant to say that I've just remembered my password after joining the forum a good couple of years ago which is why I came on last night , my forum name is actually Jarvo who was a childhood friend of my dads from the Darwin street area in Highgate .
  3. J

Birmingham Midwives

just a quick intro , I forgot password , my mom was a midwife stationed in Trinity Road Aston in the early 1950,s , she shared a house and a car with another midwife so they could be on call 24 hrs . I have several of her logbooks showing records of mother s pregnancies and babies births , one...
Back