• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. N

Bowen, Jonas, George- Silversmiths, Silver platers.

James Bowen, my x5 great grandfather was George’s brother.
  2. N

That might / should be me :)
  3. N

Yes, that is true. Thank you for the info.
  4. N

Hi Linda, This is interesting, My great uncle - Harold Bowen (1908-1980) emigrated to Barrie, Ontario in 1930.
  5. N

Links : Jewellery Quarter Research Group (now Trust) site

Hi Brian, is there any possibility to have a look at the photos of the Bowen's resting place. I visited both cemeteries two weeks ago but could not find them. TIA Nigel Bowen
  6. N

Hi Dotti. Thomas Bowen born 1744 in Birmingham. Married Sarah Gardiner 5th March 1764 at St Martins. Thats as far back as I've managed to get, so-far. James was my great grandfather x5, he was a clockmaker. Your tree aligns with mine. However, I have different birth dates to yours. By my...
  7. N

thanks for your response, Lyn. I'm trying to trace my family back as far as is possible and have hit a stop with Thomas.
  8. N

Could someone please tell me where i can find the 1744 census for Birmingham. I am looking for information on Thomas Bowen born 1744, married Sarah Gardiner, 5th March 1764. Thanks in advance.
  9. N

Hi Dottieau, Jonas bowen snr was my great x6 grandfather. I am curious as to your connection. regards, Nigel Bowen
Back