• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. R

Pub Landlords Arthur BUTLER and John BECK(S) 1930's and 40's

Family connection with JOYCE J DAVIS who is reputedly to have married pub landlords. Can anyone recall pub landlords by the name of ARTHUR BUTLER or JOHN BECK(S) during the nineteen thirties and forties and within the Birmingham area Both were born around 1906/1908 so would have been in their...
  2. R

Territorial Army pre 1914 in Birmingham ?

My Grandfathers WWI medals include the War Medal, Victory Medal and the Territorial Force War Medal engraved as " 602025 Sapper W T PLANT Royal Engineers". In addition to these however are :- "Territorial Efficency Medal" engraved as 2556322 SGLN W T Plant R.C.of SIG. "Army Temperance Medal...
  3. R

7 de Guise Seymours Variety Act

Amongst my late Uncles papers are four signed publicity photos of a "family" group of musicans The photos probably cover a ten year span as the family consists of a male in his mid thirties, a young boy about fifteen and 5 teenage girls. The later photos progress age wise with 4 mature young...
  4. R

Airbus A380 to visit Elmdon/ BHX

It now looks pretty definate that the AIRBUS A380 will visit to celebrate the official opening of the new extension at Birmingham International Airport. Emirates who will be one of the main users of the new piers will use an A380 for their scheduled mid day service when the extended terminal...
Back