• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. R

Vickers Valetta VW197 (not Viking as thought), Elmdon airport 12th August 1970

The photo of one of Don Evervall's DH89A Rapides on the ABpic limk is one that I took in the 1950's at Elmdon. Everalls had four Rapides two Douglas C47 / DC3's and three Vickers Vikings as well as five single engine light aircraft. Their main base was at Wolverhampton with aircraft out posted...
  2. R

Woman's Auxiliary Police Force Birmingham

Was the Women’s Auxiliary Police Force formed just for the war years 1939 to 1946 ? The attached photo is unique by the fact that it is signed on the reverse by all ten ladies with their “WA” police number. Unfortunately we have no way of linking names to faces, unless you know better ? Can...
  3. R

7 de Guise Seymours Variety Act

Hi Sistersue62 You must visit the web site as it has all the photos that my uncle had copies of, plus many more nearly fifty in fact covering the early years through to about 1938/9. These start with pictures of Lillian, Pops and the three girls as "The Seymours" or "Musical Seymours" through...
  4. R

Can't believe its 4 years since this topic was raised. Just found a website dedicated to this musical group from Alum Rock. I think it has been created by Pip Guise who posted details on this forum. It appears to be unfinished but never the less has a multitude of photos, posters, dairy dates...
  5. R

Bordesley Park/ Cov Rd

Hi Beamish I can not get the picture to show on your thumbnail for Mitchells. Does the picture show the full name of the paper mil ? my mother worked there in 1920/30's and I would love have a bit more information. There is a good chance her first husband worked there as well Many thanks R0Y
  6. R

Pub Landlords Arthur BUTLER and John BECK(S) 1930's and 40's

Family connection with JOYCE J DAVIS who is reputedly to have married pub landlords. Can anyone recall pub landlords by the name of ARTHUR BUTLER or JOHN BECK(S) during the nineteen thirties and forties and within the Birmingham area Both were born around 1906/1908 so would have been in their...
  7. R

Territorial Army pre 1914 in Birmingham ?

Thanks Chris, I checked the site and downloaded the appropriate forms which have now been sent off Fingers crossed, hopefully for a positive response R0Y
  8. R

Thanks lads for info Not much progress todate but every little helps. Regards R0Y
  9. R

Hello All You de Guise Seymour fans, One last photo from my uncles collection. The boys have now matured into young men and the young ladies into mature .... well ladies, "Pop" looks a little older now but still very elegant. Thanks to all who have contributed to this thread, far more...
  10. R

My Grandfathers WWI medals include the War Medal, Victory Medal and the Territorial Force War Medal engraved as " 602025 Sapper W T PLANT Royal Engineers". In addition to these however are :- "Territorial Efficency Medal" engraved as 2556322 SGLN W T Plant R.C.of SIG. "Army Temperance Medal...
  11. R

Hello Pip Thanks for the wonderful information on your posts I have another photo taken a year or two later where the unknown girl has been replaced by a young chap about the same age as your father This photo is inscribed "To Charles (my uncle) and Mom and Dad (my grandparents)" and signed...
  12. R

Hello Pip Photo attached The only PARKFIELD Road that I can find in Birmingham is the one next to Anthony Road off the Alum Rock Road. This is where my Uncle and Grandparents lived so there may have been a closer connection than just my uncle meeting them at the stage door. It would be great...
  13. R

Hello Pip Many thanks for contacting the forum, I was resigned to the fact that the only information available was as Pollypops had found on the web. Its amazing that the group was based locally when they appear to have performed around the country. I will copy the four photos (not very good...
  14. R

Hi Polly Thanks for your information, I will try the sites you mention. I did not expect such a rapid response to an obscure question, once again the BHF membership comes up trumps Regards R0Y
  15. R

Amongst my late Uncles papers are four signed publicity photos of a "family" group of musicans The photos probably cover a ten year span as the family consists of a male in his mid thirties, a young boy about fifteen and 5 teenage girls. The later photos progress age wise with 4 mature young...
  16. R

Airbus A380 to visit Elmdon/ BHX

Hi Miroku The BAEG site has quality pictures of each and every visiting aircraft to the 70th Anniversary event Individual pictures of each aircraft as parked plus a few flying shots. G-BNVB is included in all its splendour https://baeg.blogspot.com/2009/09/bhx-at-70.html Regards R0Y
  17. R

Thanks Bill Sorry about that R0Y
  18. R

You wait ages for an Airbus A380 then two come along !!!! Yes another A380 due next Saturday 5th Sept around 15.40 hr (3.40 pm ) The manufacturer is sending the prototype c/n 001 reg F-WWOW on an aerial tour of Britain and on the return leg from Scotland will hopefully make a flypast and...
  19. R

It now looks pretty definate that the AIRBUS A380 will visit to celebrate the official opening of the new extension at Birmingham International Airport. Emirates who will be one of the main users of the new piers will use an A380 for their scheduled mid day service when the extended terminal...
  20. R

Serck

Attached is a list of names for the "Serck Foremans Group" dating back to 1952 / 1953. They held an annual Dinner and Concert, and this list is from the back page of the menu for the fifth one which took place on 6th March 1953 at the "White Horse Hotel" Congreave Street. This was for foremen...
Back