• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. N

Kings Heath

Hi Castalla, Thank you for your reply, as I said I'm not 100% sure that the lady's name was Pat ,that is just something that I in mind. As you may have gathered I was going back 50 odd years. I understand the problems regarding tracing your dad's side of the family ,I have had the same problems...
  2. N

Kings Heath

Hi Castalla Have just come back on ,thank you for your reply. I do remember another lady either staying at Florrie and Bill's.(Somewhere in my mind says Pat-?) or visiting regularly Bearing in mind I was about 16 ,I just used to say hello.I would guess she was about 30 ish. My husband is keen on...
  3. N

Kings Heath

Hi Castalla, yes I do remember them ,they worked at Caburys ,as I and my mother Phyllis did.WIe lived at 99 Highbury Rd. I think that shop was on the corner of Silver St and Fairfield Rd , I do not know if there was any relationship .
  4. N

Kings Heath

My gt Uncle Harry Wheeler kept the Hare & Hounds late 1930s and early 40s.
  5. N

Birmingham Schools Football History / & photos

Hi new to BSF ,just read articles about Birmingham Schools Football.My husband played for Handsworth Technical School in 1959/60.He says he played upto the Final of Cup Competition that was played at Villa Park in 1960 ,after he had left school.Are there any other members of that team in contact...
  6. N

Colmore Road School Kings Heath

I am new to this forum ,I had a friend who lived in Adian Cottages.I was born in Highbury Road in 1940 and went to Colmore Road school.My maiden name was Varley ,would love to hear from any old friends
Back