• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. wotsinaname

See Birmingham by Post Card

This is my small contribution to the tour of Birmingham by postcard. Highfield Road Hall Green: date unknown, possibly 50's
  2. wotsinaname

Wimbush Factory Little Green Lane.

AHH yes. as a kid I used to pass this place on my way to my Grans house. The wonderful smell of the place always made me feel hungry.:D
  3. wotsinaname

Grandads War Medals.

This is what you call a happy reunion.
  4. wotsinaname

French Postcards.

NO! probably not the ones you may have been thinking of :D. These were sent from France by my Grandfather on the birth of my Mother in 1915 and for two other Birthdays. the Royal Engineers one is most likely one just brought back from France.
  5. wotsinaname

Warwickshire Home Guard

Thanks for your kind words. you are correct about pictures being lost. this one and other family photo's were almost thrown away when my aunt died. I have visited your web site and what a fascinating place it is. I shall certainly spend some time exploring it. have fun and be happy:)
  6. wotsinaname

Warwickshire Home Guard

Self explanatory really.This is a photo of "E" company 24th battalion Warwickshire Home Guard Number 4 platoon. My Uncle Jimmy Brown is the Sergeant 2nd right from the sign. I have no Idea of the date of this picture.
Back