• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. D

Birmingham City Police 1839 - 1974

I don’t know about 1939 but in the early 1960’s the parties I attended were for the children of serving officers.
  2. D

Shirestone School

Hi I too attended Shirestone during those years. I was Denise Hayward and lived in Mackadown Lane. Pupils I remember - Gary Heaven, Dawn Kesterton, Gary Lancaster, Maxine Timmins, Paul Stafford, Icelene Davis, Julie Davies, Sally Skidmore, twins Jackie & Joanne Smith and Sally & Gillian Smith...
  3. D

Barry, what is your surname? Dad is 91 in February and is trying to place you.
  4. D

Kunzles

They were my absolute favourites! We always used to go there for the “rejects”.
  5. D

No, Dave Sadler lives near Evesham and has always lived around the West Midlands area.
  6. D

Thanks Chris. I'll mention your name to Dad to see if he remembers you.
  7. D

thank you I think Dad did mention that was his surname.
  8. D

Old Birmingham Schools - Changed Or Demolished

Shirestone Junior & Infants School B33 Edit. Shirestone School (Tile Cross J & I School) thread link is here https://birminghamhistory.co.uk/forum/index.php?threads/tile-cross-infants-junior-school-shiretone-school.13552/#post-98277
  9. D

Tile Cross Infants & Junior School Shiretone School

Shirestone Junior & Infants School B33 - Head Mr Penny (enjoy and not destroy), Deputy Head Mrs Dare. Teachers - Mrs Giles, Mrs Walker, Mrs Ashford (slapped my legs for not getting into line quickly enough when the whistle blew), Mr Griffiths.
  10. D

My father was Sergeant Eric Hayward who must have joined up around 1952. I know he was stationed at Acocks Green, Sheldon, Bradford Street, to name a few. Officers I remember from my childhood are: David Speake, "Beefy" Eric Turner, Ken Fisher, Dicky DeBoo, Dave Sadler (dog handler) amongst...
Back