• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. evergreen

Halesowen churches ????

Apart from St. John's there is also St. Margaret of Antioch, in the Hasbury Halesowen area.
  2. evergreen

Mike Guest

Such sad news, Mike was a nice man, he will be missed, condolences to his family. Heather
  3. evergreen

My Sad Loss

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Heather
  4. evergreen

Hand car wash

I use one quite often, they do a really good job, wash, wax & dry for £5
  5. evergreen

The ring and ride.

My mother-in-law uses the service. There is talk of a charge of 60p to £1 per journey. She loves her trips out and has made many friends who use this service. The drivers collect her from the door and on the way back make sure she and her shopping are safely inside the house. It's worth £2...
  6. evergreen

My Wife Marion.

So sorry to hear this news, I am thinking of you and your family. Heather
  7. evergreen

Buccaneer Chester Road

Hi Dek Glad that has cleared the query. :):) looks like we were both mere saplings in the 50's:D:D Heather
  8. evergreen

Buccaneer Chester Road

Hi Dek Sent an email to my cousin who lived aon the estate behind the pub. below is his reply The farmhouse that served the farm that Mothers estate was built on was situated roughly where the pub used to stand. As you are probably aware, the drinker was demolished a few years back and...
  9. evergreen

The price is right

I missed it, but would love to know if Wendy can remember, what the prizes were. Looking back on these programmes, we thought 'Wow' when they showed us a shiny new fridge or a weekend in Paris, now we just think 'Is that it':D:D So Wendy if you can remember anything about the programme...
  10. evergreen

Buccaneer Chester Road

Thanks so much for the Google Maps Frothy. Heather
  11. evergreen

Buccaneer Chester Road

Thank you all for the information, I always wondered why the pub had got that name. Heather
  12. evergreen

lad in the Lane meet On The Day

Hi all, Sorry that I couldn't make the meeting, I got stuck with the painting, walls done, floor cleaned and paint removed from the dog.:(:( I have had a look at the videos and the photos, looks like you all had a great day. :):) all the best Heather
  13. evergreen

Buccaneer Chester Road

Hi Dek. Many thanks for your reply, now that has made me think, as I honestly thought it would have been about 5 years ago, where does the time go? My Aunt used to live just off Bridle Road, and I spent many happy hours there. We did get told off by the landlord for singing outside, the...
  14. evergreen

Buccaneer Chester Road

Hi there, After driving down the Chester Road, I was surprised to see that there are houses built on the site of the Buccaneer Pub. It's been quite a few years since I was last there. Does anyone know when the pub was demolished? Many thanks Heather
  15. evergreen

In The Kitchen Today

I had a busy day in the kitchen on Saturday. Steak & Ale pie, Apple Sponge, Coffee and walnut cake then a very large bread pudding. Yesterday was the usual roast. Today was idle.....Beef ping ping or leftovers from yesterday shoved in the microwave.
  16. evergreen

Dickens’ Household Words 1850-1859 (e-texts).

Many thanks Peter, that should give me some reading to do, especially when the football is on Regards Heather
  17. evergreen

Situation Comedy

Just a few more The Army Game. Rag Trade. Porridge. Rising Damp. Please Sir. Open all hours
  18. evergreen

Situation Comedy

I loved Likely Lads, Steptoe, Bless this house, Robins nest, Only fools & horses and the not 'P.C' Love thy neighbour
  19. evergreen

Clothes & shoes of yesteryear

:D:D Loved Terry Thomas
  20. evergreen

Clothes & shoes of yesteryear

I wonder what the lads of today would make of those plus fours
Back