• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. B

Belton, Reverend Canon Francis George - St. Patrick's Highgate

Thank-you once again, Janice, for taking the time to help. The info on his education is terrific information. I have also heard from a church warden who has confirmed that St. Patrick's was High Anglo-Catholic, and "almost indistinguishable from the Roman Church and most of its practices, but...
  2. B

Thank-you, Janice. I had not found that tree on ancestry, but I do have the census info. "My" Francis Belton is definitely the one on the 1891 census living with his mother, Louisa, so my goal is to confirm this fellow and the Rev. Cannon Belton are one and the same person. By 1901, "my"...
  3. B

Thank-you for this link. An interesting man, and hopefully connected to the one I'm looking for. The Rev. Canon Francis George Belton was born 1882 in Lincolnshire and in 1916 was Vicar of St. Patrick's Highgate when he published " A Manual for Confessors" . He died in in Birmingham in 1962...
  4. B

If anyone has access to historical church records that might include personal details for the Reverend Francis Belton, in particular I am interested in learning his parents' names and a bit more about his educational background. Thank-you in advance for any help. blackpin123 from Canada
Back