• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. P

Birmingham Nightclubs of the Past - Memories

Great stories, Reg. Bought the grand piano, wow. And loved the meat market bargains too.
  2. P

Old street pics..

Fabulous!
  3. P

Our Lady of Lourdes, Yardley Wood

Hi Jim, yes I am Peter L. It was a long shot to hope you had further pics of our time in OLOL. I wondered if your mum would have kept something from her time as teacher there - not to worry. If you have any contact with other people from out time would be great to ask them. I wonder if girls...
  4. P

Hi Jim, you said you were interested in information about your school friend PH. You will see I have been able to offer some info which I hope was helpful, although not such happy news. I am not sure if you have looked back into this site as there has been no response. My hope was that you...
  5. P

Hi Jim, you said you were interested in information about your school friend PH. You will see I have been able to offer some info which I hope was helpful, although not such happy news. I am not sure if you have looked back into this site as there has been no response. My hope was that you...
  6. P

Shrewsbury: Field of Dreams

Fascinating, Pedrocut. I will view Shrewsbury differently now as I walk around shopping etc. Thank you.
  7. P

Hi Jim, I recall the names Paul W (his dad was also a teacher), John Kingston who used to bite his arm when angry or frightened, and Stuart W. Perhaps I was a very quiet child, lol. I was the child who had a serious accident outside of school and returned a different child. I was put into the...
  8. P

Prefabs

...and don't forget the wonderful prefabs where I lived with my family as toddler for a few years - about 1957 for a few years. This was in Highfield Road, Yardley Wood. Opposite doctors surgery and Trittiford Park.
  9. P

Shenley Fields

This looks very interesting. The link does not seem to work?
  10. P

Shenley Fields

I have mentioned a few times on this Shenley Fields forum that my dad, James Littleford went to Shenley Fields probably about 1930 for some years. My dad mentioned Mr Beamond and his wife who worked there in some senior capacity. Perhaps his wife was a matron or house mother? My dad mentioned...
  11. P

Fircroft College Bournville

Thanks Nick. I thought so. I lived in Moseley for many years. I also went to Ruskin in the eighties and have many wonderful memories of the time. I only heard of Fircroft much later.
  12. P

P.J. Evans Essex Street

Wonderful. That kind of knowledge tends to derive from a real interest and passion for the subject - the willingness to share that knowledge suggests a happy team!
  13. P

P.J. Evans Essex Street

Hi Emma, photos are so powerful. I remember that face which means your dad was there during my time as app mechanic. 1970 - 74/5
  14. P

Needless Alley

Lol, yes 5/6th formers and young people enjoying the 'vibe'. Upstairs!!
  15. P

Needless Alley

Wonderful. I remember that sight well. Coming out of the Windsor pub (back entrance?) on way down to New St then up to Bogarts...1970's. Hmm was it the Windsor?
  16. P

The Valley pub, Billesley

Love these pictures. I lived in a prefab with mum dad and sister from about 1956 - 1961. I recall as wonderful times, they were on highfield Road, Yardley wood, opposite the doctors surgery. Dr Cadigan! My dad made the garden beautiful. We were all so proud to have a home.
  17. P

Old street pics..

Loved the paperboy story - will trigger thoughts of many paperboys and girls of a certain age. Oh boy Sunday papers rounds we're so heavy.... Times; Telegraphs; so many supplements, lol.
  18. P

Needless Alley

What a shame to lose your piece of art.. especially if anything like the picture above.
  19. P

Royal School For The Deaf - Church Road, Edgbaston

My dad was a pupil at the school from 1927 (when he was 8) to 1935. There are many stories about the institution, good and really horrible - my friends aunt was there at the same time as my dad and said it was cruel. Although, like many children institutionalised in that time, my dad very...
  20. P

Birmingham Nightclubs of the Past - Memories

Hi Mercy, yes went to Bogarts for many years - loved it, all of it! Flashing light at the bar upstairs (Bogarts) to remind everyone the police had just arrived so stop doing anything illegal, a few people rush to the toilets!! lol. You might have been flashing the lights as bar staff. So...
Back