• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. O

30 George Road, Edgbaston

Hi Colin, Thank you for finding this info out for me. I appreciate it. Regards, Stuart
  2. O

30 George Road, Edgbaston

Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me with this. One of my relatives was a Hospital Nurse in 1901 and the census informs me she worked at 30 George Road and the parish is Edgbaston. Listed alongside my relative is a number of nurses, Sister in Charge, Servants and patients. I wondered does...
  3. O

Haddon and Stokes Digbeth

This is a photograph taken of Thomas Haddon & Stokes. The factory & offices were located in Digbeth. I thought I would share this photograph that my father kept from his time working there. Did anyone else work there? And if so, did you know any of the Somervilles who worked there?
  4. O

Schools in Small Heath & Bordesley Green

Thanks Bernie for the correct school. And many thanks for the list of Birmingham Schools. Also, thanks to Old Boy, Shawcross, Brummie Nick and Lindyloo. Your help has proved invaluable on this.
  5. O

Hi Everyone, I want to update you all on this one. My mother and her brother attended Green Lane Infants School, Bordesley Green. I'm not sure if this school is still there. I did however find a Marlborough J & I School just off Green Lane. Not sure if that is one and the same school. If...
  6. O

Cherrywood Road School Photos

Dear All, Does anyone have any photographs of Cherrywood School, Bordesley Green? Regards, Stuart
  7. O

Thank you everyone for the replies. That's right, Nick its Small Heath Baker Street. I have since contacted a relative of mine who has given me the details for my mother primary school as Green Lane, Bordesley Green and Cherrywood Road Senior. But looking at the info on the Birmingham Library...
  8. O

Hi Old Boy, Thank you for the welcome. And many thanks for the info. My mother's name was Yvonne Woodbridge and she had a brother, Kenneth Woodbridge. My grandfathers name was Douglas Kenneth Woodbridge.
  9. O

Dear All, I'm looking for advice in regards to School registers, logbooks etc. I'm hoping to find which schools my mother and her parents attended. My Grandfather was born in 1916 and resided in Baker Street, Small Heath. My Grandmother was born in 1925 and resided on Blakeland Street...
Back