• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. C

Whittaker Ellis c.1930

Hi all, I have another entry from my Great Grans biography, dated circa 1930: "The younger boys used to go over some waste ground (they called it the Millers) to pick cinders where the Whitaca Ellis (sic) men used to burn. Sometimes they would give them some cokes." I'm pretty certain she is...
  2. C

Bodega Pub Corporation Street C1903

Hi, Does anyone have any information on whereabouts (or even better a picture) of the Bedida (spelling uncertain) pub in Corporation Street? I am currently editing my great Grans 'life story. Her entry for 1903 has the following section: "When in Corporation Street she went in to a place I...
  3. C

Maud Place, Garrison Lane

Hello, My Great Grandmother was born in "Maud Place" on Garrison Lane in 1888. Despite looking at the detailed 1:2500 Ordnance Survey map for that year, I can't find whereabouts it was. I can't find reference to it through the search function here either. Does anybody have any clues that might...
  4. C

Cross Keys - Corner of Windsor Street & Coleman Street

Hi, I hope someone might be able to help me. I have been given a copy of my Great Grandmothers 'life story' which she wrote in the late 1960s just before she died and I am going through the process of editing (only to add punctuation / headers etc)) and illustrating it as a keepsake for future...
Back