• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. ARippin

Help needed reading hand written address

1890's address. Any thoughts... I can make out..... 'Father Joseph Palmer 163 ???? ????? Shire? or Shoe? Ways Smethwick'
  2. ARippin

Help needed reading birth certificate

Can anyone make out what this reads on my Great Grandfathers birth cert? I can see 'Twentysecond January 1869' and the 'Grove Lane Smethwick' but I'm struggling with the bit in between. Possibly '12th 55 ??????'
  3. ARippin

Unknown North Staffs soldier... possible surname Palmer, Starkey or Nash

This was found with an elderly Aunts possessions. It would be great (but I know not likely) to put a name to the face. My Aunty was a Nash, her mother a Palmer originally. Both her parents were from Rotton Park area (Halberton and Dugdale St) prior to, during and after WW1 and into the 1930's...
  4. ARippin

Unknown sergeants

Various Regiments, all Sergeants. Any thoughts on what this photo is all about? POW's? (Just a thought). It was with a collection from an Aunt that died who's parents were both from Birmingham (Dugdale and Halberton Street, off Dudley Road). She was a Nash, mother was originally a Palmer. (see...
  5. ARippin

David Palmer (1869 - 1955) seated, and ?

My Great Grandfather David Palmer of Halberton Street off Dudley Road. Although aged 45 in 1914, he volunteered and served on the Western Front in the Gloucestershire Regt. He sustained a gun shot wound to the scalp. Transferred to the Royal Flying Corp (then to the RAF when it was formed in...
  6. ARippin

NASH, Frank - born 1899

I would like to share information with any descendants of my Great Uncle. He married Ellen Roberts on 5th April 1924 at St Culthbert's Church, Birmingham. He lived at Halberton Terrace, Halberton Street, off Dudley Road and had two brothers, William Frederick and Thomas Henry. He served in the...
  7. ARippin

NASH, William F, 1894 - 1954

I am the grandson of Bill NASH and looking to share information with descendants of his or his two brothers Frank and Thomas. Family lived in Dugdale Street or Halberton Terrace off Dudley Road circa 1910-40. Served in the Kings Royal Rifles during WW1 then the Kings Shropshire Light Infantry...
  8. ARippin

PALMER, David and descendants - Halberton Rd.

I'm looking for any descendants of David and Zeta Palmer. Particularly Albert Edward and Henry Charles. I have photos and info to share. My Grandmother was Violet Primrose Palmer (married WF Nash 1925 and daughter of David and Zeta). I'm not familiar with the Birmingham area so apologies if this...
Back