• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. Pat Sattar-Jennings

Overpool Road Ward End

During the mid sixties I used to live at 20A Overpool Road, the maisonettes next to the community centre and went to Ward End Hall School in the late 60s and stayed on an extra year.
  2. Pat Sattar-Jennings

Little Green Lane School Wyndcliffe School Small Heath

My two oldest children went to Wyndcliffe school in 1972-1973 (John & Monica Sattar).
  3. Pat Sattar-Jennings

Birmingham Corporation bus historical employee records

I am researching my family history too and my birth father Cornelius 'Con' Duggan was a conductor, who lived at 24 Park Road, Aston & emigrated to Australia in 1951. My mom Dorothy Clarke/Jennings was a conductress too.
  4. Pat Sattar-Jennings

Ward End Hall School

Thank you for the interesting history of Ward End.
  5. Pat Sattar-Jennings

Ward End Hall School

I went to Ward End Hall later sixties & with the first group to stay on an extra year and got my CSE's. I still have my school leaving Certificate signed by the head teacher, Mr Hayne.
  6. Pat Sattar-Jennings

Ward End Hall School

I went to Ward End Hall from 1964, as we had just moved home to there when I was 13years old. I left after staying on a year to get my CSE's and still have my leaving school certificate from Mr Haines, who would get me to cover the secretarys job when she was away. I was a prefect, sporty and...
  7. Pat Sattar-Jennings

ALSTON ROAD SCHOOL

I lived in the maisonnettes in Overpool Road adjacent to the community centre and went to Ward End Hall school from 1964 as we had just moved there when I was aged 13years and stayed on a year and got my CSE's.
  8. Pat Sattar-Jennings

ALSTON ROAD SCHOOL

It would be great if someone, one day, recognised one of the girls as being one of their family.
  9. Pat Sattar-Jennings

ALSTON ROAD SCHOOL

Glad you liked the photos, just glad I kept them Tinpot. Happy memories I hope.
  10. Pat Sattar-Jennings

ALSTON ROAD SCHOOL

Can't work how to do it, can you advise me please Astoness? Will have another look before I log off. Cheers.
  11. Pat Sattar-Jennings

ALSTON ROAD SCHOOL

Hi Lyn, thanks for suggesting that, I will give it a go. Cheers
  12. Pat Sattar-Jennings

ALSTON ROAD SCHOOL

Added 2 photos of Student photos Alston Road.
  13. Pat Sattar-Jennings

ALSTON ROAD SCHOOL

Top photo is mom with circle drawn on her dress and bottom photo, mom is sitting at the end wearing dress with lace collar.
  14. Pat Sattar-Jennings

ALSTON ROAD SCHOOL

My mother went to Alston Road School.
  15. Pat Sattar-Jennings

Bolton Road, Small Heath

I lived in Bolton Road in the new houses in the early 70s & it did finish at Coventry Road, Opposite the old bus depot, and nowadays opposite the Blues football ground.
  16. Pat Sattar-Jennings

Where did you live

Hi Ernie, thanks for your reply and info. I attended Marlborough Road Infant School aged 5yrs in 1954 and the Head Teacher was Mrs Onions and our teacher Mrs Leer/Beer I think, she was always angry and shouting, er horrible, and made us spend lessons learning to roll our R's, and at school...
  17. Pat Sattar-Jennings

Where did you live

Hi Ernie, I lived in Palace Road in the 50s & 60s, and we used to play on the bombed buildings, but I don't remember an underground air raid shelter, whereabouts was it? My friend Susan Jackson lived in Imperial Road and we both went to Marlborough Road Secondary School.
Back