• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. P

Mount Pleasant, Balsall Heath Road

I went to M P sept 1967 to apr 1968 one of the first in and one of the first out when we left school at easter time.only teacher I remember was Mr Machin P E and Miss Hanks she came from London.
  2. P

Montgomery Street

All photo's are Montgomery Street Sparkbrook the last one MBC metal powders later became BSA metal powders.
  3. P

They Were Caught In Our Old Street Pics...

Hi all the colours are fine old mohawk and the girls could be late from school having played netball or rounders that was the thing in the day.All asking about the Baptist Church spire was burnt down in a fire in the church which I think was hired out to a photo studio in the 70's/80's and I...
  4. P

Brilliant photo colours are so real brings back memories,looks like we have new jackets on.
  5. P

This is me and my brothers after school by the candy box on the Stratford Road, we used to live on Stoney lane
  6. P

Then & Now

photo with the gates is to the old fox hollies hall which is facing hartfield cresent and is in acocks green b27, hall green starting further up fox hollies at York road.
  7. P

Looks like top end of New Street,with the bus coming out of Ethal Street on the left.Town Hall would be behind last bus on right.
  8. P

Sparkbrook Shops

Hi dave Sparkbrook started just after Henley Street going out of city and Sparkhill started by Poplar Road all remembered by the hanging signs on the pavement.
  9. P

Sparkbrook Shops

If you look on goggle street view the shop on the corner of Trenville avenue was called Freemans and for as long as I can remember it sold second hand cloths and was run by two sisters. To the right of the avenue was one house stood on its own with a yard facing onto Stoney Lane,then the shops...
  10. P

Sparkbrook Shops

Hi Eugene Would you know what number in stoney lane would the shop have been,I was born in stoney lane 1952 and left about 1970 to move into Grantham road. Council wanted to knock houses down and widen road but never happened,then built job center where house stood.
  11. P

Leamington Road SPARKBROOK

would love to see photo mybe I would know who is on it can not see other photos on this site so mybe you could sent it in a e-mail
  12. P

Hi Fred, sorry Dennis no longer with us died approx.;1985
  13. P

Stratford Road Schools

hi there was a school in long street off stratford road with a entrance on the stratford road facing farm road,when I went to stratford road J + I school we used this school as extra classrooms [1957-1964]. I think before this time it could have been a senior school,when I attended I remember...
  14. P

Hi fred, would that be Dennis Hodby and his brother john.Father being Fredrick, my mother married Dennis her name being Else Cleal of Stoney lane. Do you recall on Stoney lane a second hand tv shop run by a frank rose. We lived at 46 Stoney Lane. I used to knockabout with Douggie orde. Bye for...
  15. P

Royal Oak Hockley Heath

Royal oak Stratford road Hockey heath, might have changed name and I know the colour of the place changed to Green and cream. Passed it last weekend on way to Stratford.
  16. P

Sparkbrook Shops

Eaton Smiths then a alleyway to a wood yard,jeffries sweet shop,newspaper shop then leather shop and the outdoor on the corner of stoney lane was springs by the post box at the lights and this was in 1960 to 1968 when we left stoney lane have been created at number 46 to live in grantham...
  17. P

Sparkbrook Shops

yes and the man that owned it would sit in the doorway making the goods in rain snow and sunshine.
Back