• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. L

How to I find old street maps?

WWW.old-maps.co.uk is no longer available to the public, is there any other web sites to access these old maps ?
  2. L

Jane Bunford - tallest woman

My husbands grandfather was Jane's cousin (William Andrews), Where is her grave now, as the original church has been demolished, I've driven past there often as my daughter lives in Field Lane.
  3. L

Back to backs in Ladywood

I have attached a 1955 map of Ridley street, 7 back of 10 (10 is on Ridley Street) No 7 behind.
  4. L

Public graves at Warstone Lane

Many Thanks for the info. Linda
  5. L

Public graves at Warstone Lane

I have just found out that 2 of my uncles are buried in Warstone Cemetry in a public grave, they both died in infancy, they are both buried in section 'O' Nos 841 (1909) and No. 1130 (1918). Do you know if there is there a plaque listing their names by that section?
  6. L

Back to backs in Ladywood

Can anyone explain the numbering on Latimer Street, 8, Waterloo terrace or 8 back 71 Waterloo Terrace, Latimer Street? differs on electoral cencus.
Back