• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. R

Alston Road School Mr. Freemans Class

Is there anyone out there still breathing with the following names.....Charlie Stokes, Albon Buller. Dickie Pymm,Stan Green. Eric Grimmett, Lewis Fox,Eric Jackson,Arther Taylor,Alvin Spittle, Freddie Wild, Harry Jones, Norman Meridith, Ron Blakeman, Harvey Tombs, Alfie Robinson, Ray Gosling, All...
  2. R

Post Office Factory. Fordrough Lane

I worked at this Factory from the time I left school at the age of 14 years.Started in August 1940 and attended the in house Engineering School. Unfortunately this was cut short when the Blitz started in earnest, the factory was badly hit in November 19th and 21st. H Block was destroyed and so...
  3. R

South Birmingham Jig and Tool

Any information please on this Company, later became South Birmingham Engineering, particularly the Directors Terry Clews, Dennis Perks and Ted Handy. Last address, Kings Road, Tyseley.
Back