• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. cornishbrummie

The Cross Keys Steward Street, Ladywood

I too would love to see the bible ( am on ancestry) As mentioned already, my granddaugther is wattys 2x great granddaughter - her dad, Adam Green is Watty's great grandson via his son Louis.
  2. cornishbrummie

Hi. Very belated reply to your message, which I have only just found. I myself am not a 'Green'. My connection comes via my granddaughter; her dad is Adam Green (b1984); son of Andrew (1953-1996) who was the son of Louis (1920-1915) your uncle. Hope that makes sense and fits the jigsaw together!
  3. cornishbrummie

Hello. Watty Green is/was my granddaughter's 2xGreatGrandfather - her dad Adam Green (partner to my daughter) is Wattys great grandson (descended via Watty's son Louis - who sadly died in 2015 at the grand old age of 94! - and his son Andrew, who tragically died much younger, at just 43, in...
  4. cornishbrummie

Hello 'BusyLizzie'. Watty Green is (was) my granddaughter's 2xGgrandfather on her dad's side. Here she is pictured with her great grandfather Louis Green (son of Watty, so your husbands great uncle?) in July 2013. Louis sadly died in 2015 - aged 94!
  5. cornishbrummie

My granddaughter Emilia is the 3 x G granddaughter of Walter and Julia, via their son Louis (her dad's granddad, who sadly passed away just a couple of years back). I am loving learning about this side of her family history.
  6. cornishbrummie

District Infant Poor Asylum, Birmingham

Oh Ok, thank you. So I guess that means I can't get any further back with him then. Booooooo! :)
  7. cornishbrummie

The records are all now destroyed? I thought the records were all now held at the library - didn't the Asylum for infant poor become the workhouse and later became Highcroft hosptial ... or have I got this all wrong???
  8. cornishbrummie

That is great thank you. And the 'tailor' thing has got me thinking .... another great-grandfather was a tailor (James Henry Cooper born 1867 in London, date and place of death so far unknown): I 've had real difficulty finding any definite record of him in his earlier years, so maybe the...
  9. cornishbrummie

does anyone know at what age 'inmates' would have to leave ... would children in the 'asylum for infant poor' (as it was called) have to leave once they reached a certain age, or did they stay on as adults? I have what I believe to be my great-great-great-grandfather William Wiseman (1831-1886)...
  10. cornishbrummie

William Vale & Sons

I just discovered that my 3xGreatgrandfather was William Vale (b1821 d1887) of Birmingham-based silversmithing company William Vale & Sons: his design for a propelling mechanical pencil was registered in 1868. I can find very little information about the company - or the man himself - and...
Back