• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. Cassy

Blunn Martin - Inquest

Hello I'd be grateful for advice anyone can give me on finding the newspaper report of a death and inquest in 1871. I am researching my family tree and find that Martin Blunn (born 1813) died by drowning at Spring Pools Rubery in December 1871. I believe that Spring Pools are on the...
  2. Cassy

Harris Bros Cherrywood Road

Hello Please does anyone know of Harris Bros manufacturers in Cherrywood Road, Bordesley Green? I believe it was at the building that still exists almost opposite Fordrough Lane. It was a family business that began making hooks and eyes around 1880 in Heanage Street, Aston. I'd be...
  3. Cassy

Price Henry Crawford (known As Jim Price) 1894 - 1979

I am trying to trace any descendants of my grandfather's siblings. I did not know he had siblings until I began researching my family tree as he never spoke about his family! My grandfather was known as Jim Price, born Henry Crawford-Price 1894 in Bromsgrove. I have been in touch with the...
  4. Cassy

Burial, Darby End, Dudley

Hi I wonder if anyone could point me in the right direction to find the grave of my third great grandfather James Hazlewood. He died in 1865 at Dudley Wood. On the 1851 census he was living at Northfield Road - at the end that was known as Darbey Hand and later Darby End. In 1861 his address...
  5. Cassy

Workhouse Admissions

Hello I've been told that a relative of mine was in the workhouse in central Birmingham in 1920. Can anyone advise me how I could find the record of her admission? Thank you
  6. Cassy

War Memorial Ww2 Henry Joseph Silverman

Hello I'm told that the name of a relative of mine - Henry Joseph Silverman (who was known as Joe) - appears on the War Memorial in Birmingham. However I'm not sure if that information is being confused with his name appearing in the remembrance books in the Hall of Memory. He died in 1945...
  7. Cassy

Rednal postcard

Hi I found this postcard amongst my father's belongings after he died - he loved Rubery, Rednal and the Lickey Hills. I wonder if anyone knows where the train ride was in Rednal? Thanks
Back