• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. S

They Were Caught In Our Old Street Pics...

Hi there, where did you get your badge from please ? ( the English by birth one )
  2. S

Birmingham Nightclubs of the Past - Memories

Does anyone remember the Rainbow Suite ? It was on the top floor of the Co-Op in High Street in Birmingham It had a bar that opened up onto the roof .The atmosphere was lovely, so friendly. Saturday night was always `Rainbow Night`. People used to queue all the way up the stairs (about 4...
  3. S

Rippingille Aston Road

Hi there Tacitus thanks, for the information, I`ll take great pleasure in informing my brother that, this time, he is wrong ! Sue
  4. S

Rippingille Aston Road

They were not necessarily at Trafalgar ,just ships from his fleets
  5. S

Rippingille Aston Road

Hi there, I have been told that all of the public houses along Aston Road were named after Nelsons ships i.e., The Albion, The Havelock, The Golden Cross etc. An interesting story, if true .
  6. S

Samuel Groves Factory

Hi there, I worked as a comptometer operator (calculating machine) for Samuel Groves in the late 1960`s. They were then in Norton Street, Hockley. After I had been there for a few weeks I mentioned my new job to my Grandfather and was amazed to find out that his father in law, my Great...
Back