• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. M

Parks Policemen Park Keepers

I was born in 1958 on the Kingstanding road B44 8AX. My mother used to take me in my pram to Perry Barr and also Perry Hall park as her brother lived in Pendragon road. Perry Hall playing fields in the 50s and 60s were magnificent gardens with a japanese style garden that ran at the side of the...
  2. M

Canterbury Road Police Station

I first experienced this Police station in August 1979 when I was a newby pro con and dumped in there......
  3. M

Witton Cemetery Sections1 and 5

Witton Cemetery viewed from the Moor lane entrance is split into two halves. The steps leading to The Ridgeway being the dividing line. Plots on the lefthand side are in the unconsecrated ground whilst to the right, it's consecrated. Catholics, None conformists, Methodists, Atheists, etc etc are...
  4. M

Witton Cemetery Sections1 and 5

I visited 29th October 2021 from the Moor Lane entrance. There is a laminated notice board showing the consecrated and unconsecrated plots and also the sections... There are probably well over 100 sections all numerically marked.
  5. M

Witton Square

I remember Gamwell engineering very very well. The proprietor lived on the Walsall road by the Crematorium. He drove a Blue Ford Granada Ghia Back in the day. Doug made me a set of custom loudspeaker stands.
  6. M

Birmingham Photos - Help & Expertise Needed Please.

I believe that Robert Peel MP was outside the council house before it was removed to Tally Ho Pershore road.
  7. M

P.C. David Green

I was a Constable at Queens Road from 1979 to 1986. At that time the firearms training unit was based there. I was told the story of the shooting by Sergeant 5345 Frank Brown. He joined 1963. I believe that I met Tom Somerville because Frank told me the tale how it all occurred by the Manor...
  8. M

West Midlands Police 1974 Onwards

On the left PC Debbie Menzel Right Vanessa Carroll RIP (tragically died serving with the united nations police force in bosnia)
  9. M

Canterbury Road Police Station

Have a look on street view !!!
  10. M

P.C. David Green

I was standing in the 33 Bus queue outside the Odeon New street cinema that evening having just put a girlfriend her bus outside Bogarts. Three lads ran up from high street past boots and went down towards corporation street. There was commotion coming from High street. The lads were " shorty...
  11. M

P.C. David Green

Back